PDA

View Full Version : Need help on how to trade

Twin_Turbo
10-21-2007, 09:43 PM
Alright me and supra want to trade my g35 for his hummer but I do not know a way to trade without being sure I wont be scammed (no offense against him). Suggestions please on how to make it work.

monsterhunter
10-21-2007, 09:47 PM
have him send you his stuff first then send your stuff.

Twin_Turbo
10-21-2007, 09:50 PM
ya that wont really work.

REDisFASTER
10-21-2007, 09:51 PM
What's the full username of the person you're trading?

WhiteMKIV
10-21-2007, 09:52 PM
me lol

BART
10-21-2007, 09:58 PM
No offense intended but I would stray from this deal. If you must deal then pay through paypal. Pay him X for his car and then he pays you X for his car. At least then more than just someones "word" is documented. ORRRRR find someone on here to play middleman...you both send to this person and then he sends to the new owner upon approval.

mustanglover
10-21-2007, 10:01 PM
i could be a middle man.
does anyone not trust me?

WhiteMKIV
10-21-2007, 10:02 PM
i could be a middle man.

you live liek an hour from me lol i would send it down then back up lol we would need someone in the middle of florida and cali.

BART
10-21-2007, 10:04 PM
you live liek an hour from me lol i would send it down then back up lol we would need someone in the middle of florida and cali.

You have 3 trades under your belt with 100% positive feedback....I would trust you.

WhiteMKIV
10-21-2007, 10:07 PM
i got a Question, When we ship it to the middle man, do we ship money with it so they can ship it out? how would that work?

BART
10-21-2007, 10:12 PM
i got a Question, When we ship it to the middle man, do we ship money with it so they can ship it out? how would that work?

I would say it all gets figured out in advance...shipping is cheap, you get quotes to and from the middleman and send (paypal since its instant...dont forget the 3%) the money. The middleman takes pics for both parties and when everyone is happy the cars go to the rightful owners. If not the shipping charges sent are used to send the cars back to their origin.

mustanglover
10-21-2007, 10:13 PM
i have alot of trades but some haven't given me feedback.
plus i have a camera with macro if i was the middle man.

BART
10-21-2007, 10:14 PM
i have alot of trades but some haven't given me feedback

But the 3 that have were 100%.

WhiteMKIV
10-21-2007, 10:28 PM
Ill just send out first, I got double of all my XMODS, so if anything were to happen to it. it would'nt be drastic, plus i can see where twin turbo is comign from, its his only XMOD and he doesnt want anyone riping him off. So ill mostliky do it the cheap way and easy way. lol

snowboi1289
10-21-2007, 10:33 PM
i could be a middle man.

im pretty sure everbody trusts u....

u both could send each other just send the xmod in parts if ur that afraid of getting scammed,its just a xmod, u can buy a chassie for like $10..

Edit: i live in Florida...

WhiteMKIV
10-21-2007, 10:35 PM
Its only $8.55 to send the whole thing.

BART
10-21-2007, 10:37 PM
Ill just send out first, I got double of all my XMODS, so if anything were to happen to it. it would'nt be drastic, plus i can see where twin turbo is comign from, its his only XMOD and he doesnt want anyone riping him off. So ill mostliky do it the cheap way and easy way. lol

Sounds like the easiest plan yet.

WhiteMKIV
10-21-2007, 10:41 PM
Sounds like the easiest plan yet.

yup lol

Numbchux
10-22-2007, 02:42 AM
I do not know a way to trade without being sure I wont be scammed.

because there is none. the only way to be sure that you won't be scammed, is to have him send it, and for you to wait until you receive the goods to send out yours.

but that, of course, makes it insanely easy for you to scam him.....

you want to do a deal with someone over the internet. use paypal. you guys could both get paypal acc'ts, and pay each other the same amount. but if something goes wrong on either end, you can file a claim, and have a prayer at getting some of it back.

also....no way would I deal with a middle man, personally.

civic_guy
10-22-2007, 11:30 AM
A middle man can scam just as easy as the opposite person of the trade. Plus it complicates the whole situation. This is why we have seller feedback and why there's post count restrictions to the B/S/T area; so only those members who are active on the forum and show they are trustworthy members can buy or sell.

If you're this nervous about trading then you shouldn't be trading at all.

Xmodifier07
10-22-2007, 02:55 PM
The only way u can be sure u wont be scammed and this is the most likely way, is meet up and trade there and then lol but i doubt u would want to do tht

meme405
10-22-2007, 07:55 PM
Lol i would steal both of their stuff...Just JK, but that would be pretty funny...

xmodsnut
10-23-2007, 01:34 AM
out of all the times I have sold parts or traded them I have been screwed over twice, once by the mail not arriving and the second was I sent 55 buck worth of parts to someone on here and never got anything in return. they know who they are.

hokus
10-23-2007, 01:46 AM
yea straight across trading is kinda sketchy, i like the deposit down idea just so that if something happens then you`ve got something.

live4luck14
10-23-2007, 04:53 PM
i live in new york i can help you and i live right near a postal office and the camera i got has very good shots its a 7.1 pixel camera so i mean if u dont believe me i understand pm me if u need me and also i have some a decent amount of trades (5) just havent gotten feedbacks and also alot on xmodsinternational