PDA

View Full Version : My new Evo VIII

Lowrideit
10-20-2007, 09:59 PM
So I was going to Olive Garden on a date tonight, and drove past Cherry Hill Triplex right by the Nj border, Seen a few nice cars, just about to get back into my car, then I noticed this Evo, I was like :eyecraz: :eyecraz: :eyecraz: :eyecraz: :eyecraz: :eyecraz: :eyecraz: So I walked over, and I was then greeted, and told him, I wanted it, Turns out I sold my Turbo Celica For 14k and bought this For the 14k on the celica and then another 13k Of saved up stuff From working,
Heres a few pictures

And heres the car!

http://i21.tinypic.com/2m2x82d.jpg
http://i24.tinypic.com/t8101l.jpg
http://i23.tinypic.com/2i1fo7n.jpg
http://i22.tinypic.com/kevpzo.jpg
http://i22.tinypic.com/2uy6043.jpg
http://i23.tinypic.com/if4uc8.jpg
So I got home, and went to check out what for turbo is in it, and noticed its hot! so I took off the front mount, too look at the intercooler and all, And I called Cherry hill triplex, and asked them if they knew anything, told me they dindt, Okay F!%@kers, Took apart all the piping and Seen the ones clogged, Cleaned it out, and Took it for a drive, Nice and cool! Thanks! heres the pictures with the front mount off!
http://i22.tinypic.com/28v4xh2.jpg
http://i20.tinypic.com/11j53li.jpg

Here'd be a list of All mods I was Given.

Mods:

-Interior
HKS TT
Defi D-boost guage

-Exterior
Varis CF front lip
Varis FRP side diffuser (not installed, brand new)
Varis CF canards
Varis ducts
Varis CF hood
Varis vortex generator
JDM evo 9 rear bumper
GANADOR CF side miorrors ( comes with the stock)
VOLK RACING TA 18x9.5 +34 w/ TOYO T1R 255/35/18
Espelir GT springs
Project KICS lug nuts R40
JDM EVO 8 headlights w/ yellow fogs and tail lights (this model have the HID)
I have the stock hood and rear bumper

-Engine Bling and Mods
ARC Ti gradient spark plug cover
ARC oil cap
ARC radiator cap
ARC upper radiator pipe
ARC oil catch can
ARC heatshield cover
ARC air guide
ARC FMIC ( I have the stock)
Greddy UICP
Carbing front strut bar ( i have the stock also)
clear cam gear cover
HKS RS reloaded intake
HKS 272s
HKS cam gears
new timming belt
JIC Ti SS cat back. straight pipe, NO restriction (I have the stock)
HELIX O2 housing
HELIX DP
Random Tech HFC
10.5 Hot side
Ported exhaust manifold by Buschur
Forge MBC
Walbro FP

-Brakes
Ferodo DS2500
techna fit SS lines
ATE blue brake fluids

Oil change every 3000k or 3 mos, w/c ever comes first, use Mobil1 Syn
Tranny and rear differential change every 12k, use diaqueen
Transfer case change every 6K, use diaqueen
New Battery

live4luck14
10-20-2007, 10:05 PM
dude nice car i think i fell in love w/ it..... omg can i have it i like it so much.

Lowrideit
10-20-2007, 10:06 PM
Haha Got 30k in your pocket?

xmodificationer
10-20-2007, 10:17 PM
dude ill trade you my dads 40k truck my moms suv and my atv for it... but i dont know if i can believe its yours

Lowrideit
10-20-2007, 10:19 PM
Sorry I wouldnt trade this thing, at least not this early, Im like, Fallen in love, all over again, And I guess thats not my choice that you dont believe me, Whatever. Im not gonna get defensive over something stupid like You not believe me, Thats okay, Thanks.

xmodificationer
10-20-2007, 10:22 PM
i hope you take no offence but i mean think about it you are new here you are building respect you are going out with your teacher and got a evoVIII. I mean come on it sounds kinda like "unbelievable" i mean if it was someone that everyone knows and trust like Red, bondo, X, etc thats different but to believe you are going out with a teacher and bought a unbelievable evo is kinda doubtful. But if it is truly yours then congrats

Lowrideit
10-20-2007, 10:25 PM
I dont take no offenece, But you can also think whatever you want, Thats great, I really dont care [No offence towards you] or anyone else] what people think of me Because Im a "Newbie" I mean, Im a normal person just like all of yous,

Donziikid
10-20-2007, 10:25 PM
The Girl, the Evo, what's next? A yacht? :lol: Share some of your luck, dude!

Lowrideit
10-20-2007, 10:26 PM
Haha, Well Im out for the night, Later guys.

Xmodder226
10-20-2007, 10:47 PM
i hope you take no offence but i mean think about it you are new here you are building respect you are going out with your teacher and got a evoVIII. I mean come on it sounds kinda like "unbelievable" i mean if it was someone that everyone knows and trust like Red, bondo, X, etc thats different but to believe you are going out with a teacher and bought a unbelievable evo is kinda doubtful. But if it is truly yours then congratsYeah, and this guy is 17 years old too. I also find this really, really hard to believe if at all.

texan_idiot25
10-20-2007, 11:00 PM
What I find hardest to believe is that he sold a Celica for 14k :lol:

Though for once I dont doubt this aint someones car... he has the bumper off. And ****ty camera phone pics of that too. Not like our good ol pal speed who stops at a dealership takes pics or steals them all off from the web.

But if any one else does, the good ol test of write my name on a paper with it on the hood is still offered. :lol:

snowboi1289
10-20-2007, 11:04 PM
its to nice....?????

monsterhunter
10-20-2007, 11:07 PM
how are you 17 and have 30k laying around what do you do? but still **** nice car.

DGK boy
10-21-2007, 12:00 AM
I know this isn't fake,i looked on google for like 27 or 28 pages about evo 8 and i didn't find this one.And like what texan said,that photo is taken with a camera phone,plus he took the bumper off and its not like he just went and said,"Hey dude can i take you bumper off and take a pciture of it?"

I'll take those wheels of your hands:p

REDisFASTER
10-21-2007, 12:12 AM
I kinda don't believe him... He says
heres the pictures with the front mount off!
Why is it that the 'front mount' is still there?

If you really did buy the car, you would know that when they say 'front mount', they're referring to the front mount intercooler right? Well, from the pics you showed, the front mount is still on...

Secondly, why are the pics of the removed bumper such bad quality than the top ones?

It looks a lot like you took the pics off a Lan Evo community forum...

civic_guy
10-21-2007, 12:20 AM
I kinda don't believe him... He says

Why is it that the 'front mount' is still there?

If you really did buy the car, you would know that when they say 'front mount', they're referring to the front mount intercooler right? Well, from the pics you showed, the front mount is still on...

Secondly, why are the pics of the removed bumper such bad quality than the top ones?

It looks a lot like you took the pics off a Lan Evo community forum...

I think he means front clip...or front bumper.....

What kind of celica did you have that sold for 14k?

REDisFASTER
10-21-2007, 12:24 AM
I think he means front clip...or front bumper.....

What kind of celica did you have that sold for 14k?

Yeah, he was probably referring to the bumper, but even the enthusiasts with basic knowledge wouldn't mistake a bumper for an intercooler...

I too would like to know what Celica he sold for 14k. The only Celica I would even consider buying at $10k would be an ST205 GT-Four (All-Trac), the 4WD turbo with the four helical headlights. The one that came after the one with pop-ups and the black painted area between the lights.

Lowrideit
10-21-2007, 01:31 PM
2002 Celica gt-S Garrett Gt28/30 Turbo, With Veilside racing seats, Greddy Intercooler, Momo Steering wheel, TWM shift kit with like 1000 miles on that, 6 speed, [All Gt-s] Tweeter sound system, Preceed shocks and Struts, All other stuff, I got 13,999. And I have a job that I get almost 16 a hour, [Note i said ALMOST] and When On scale almost 30 [Note i said ALMOST] and why the F!%k would I go outta my way to find such a nice car? serously, Im not a Mother F!%king low life!!!

Yeah, he was probably referring to the bumper, but even the enthusiasts with basic knowledge wouldn't mistake a bumper for an intercooler... [QUOTE] Yes I did mean the bumper, and yes, ANYONE can make mistakes..... Even you do, No ones perfect, where all humans buddy...

[QUOTE=DGK boy;126743]I know this isn't fake,i looked on google for like 27 or 28 pages about evo 8 and i didn't find this one.And like what texan said,that photo is taken with a camera phone,plus he took the bumper off and its not like he just went and said,"Hey dude can i take you bumper off and take a pciture of it?"

I'll take those wheels of your hands:p

Exactly Why the hell would I say If I can take off the bumper , serously! This guy is acutally reasonable, I didnt get these off a site! and yes they were taken off my Phone. Thanks Dgk,

So yeah, Guys like I said Im not a Low life, I wouldnt waste my time trying to find such a nice *** car,
Thanks for the Half reasonable ones!
I also didnt have 30k laying around I had a 14k car and 16k laying around.

suicide_star
10-21-2007, 01:41 PM
its ok lowrideit, ppl get jealous easy...its not as if these cars are hard to obtain...theres evoVIII's and STi's running around here like crazy, im not surprised a 17 yr old has one...if the kid is that good for saving up his money to get a car this nice, i give him props...and so what he said "front mount" im sure if you had a nice evo you were excited about and wanted to hurry up and get ur pics up on xms to show ur peeps, you'd misspell a few words and make a few mistakes too...nice car dude

Lowrideit
10-21-2007, 02:45 PM
Thanks for reasoning with me, Your right, Evos and Sti's are EVERYWHERE, and yes, People do get jealous. So thanks. Im happy you acutally took the time to think it over, so thanks!

Scionbeave
10-21-2007, 02:50 PM
love the car wish i had one

Lowrideit
10-21-2007, 02:51 PM
Save up, Like suside star said before, there really not that hard to get your hands on, There everywhere, I know a few in the small town that I live in.

imnotmikal
10-21-2007, 03:51 PM
im not going to say i dont believe you, but it is kind of hard to believe. I for one do believe, but just to make sure, want to take a pic of it with like a paper that has "LowRiteIt of XMS" on it or something?

Twin_Turbo
10-21-2007, 05:04 PM
im not going to say i dont believe you, but it is kind of hard to believe. I for one do believe, but just to make sure, want to take a pic of it with like a paper that has "LowRiteIt of XMS" on it or something?

Thats what I was thinkin.

Lowrideit
10-21-2007, 06:44 PM
So jealously kicks in and Im not believe by what 2-3 people, You know why the F@#k should I waste my time doing that if 2 people dont belive me, big Fing deal, i really dont care what people say Because I know, that I do own that car, and I have REAL friends that also see it and know it, so thanks! and if this really gets too far, ill have a mod look this...

texan_idiot25
10-21-2007, 06:55 PM
It just take maybe, 5 minutes of your time to prove everyone wrong.

Twin_Turbo
10-21-2007, 08:02 PM
It just take maybe, 5 minutes of your time to prove everyone wrong.

EXACTLY. If that is seriously your car, props man. But I mean, a couple minutes to write your name down next to your car and take a pic of it.

imnotmikal
10-21-2007, 08:35 PM
im not saying i dont believe, but im just saying, it shouldnt be hard to get a pic with a piece of paper if it IS your car. and also, don't get say defensive, no ones trying to **** you off, its an INTERNET forum. which means most of the time you cant tell if people are saying it aggresively or not. There is no way to tell if people are yelling, sarcastic, serious, or trying to joke. If you for some reason don't feel like wasting paper, get someone to take a pic of you and that girl in front of it, that would be enough proof for me.

4G63punk
10-21-2007, 09:09 PM
Dang! You lucky a$$!!! Only for 14G??? WOW!! Thats hella good for the price. Im looking for a Lancer EVO 8 or 9. If anyone knows or has a Lancer EVO for sale, please pm me.

imnotmikal
10-21-2007, 09:27 PM
Dang! You lucky a$$!!! Only for 14G??? WOW!! Thats hella good for the price. Im looking for a Lancer EVO 8 or 9. If anyone knows or has a Lancer EVO for sale, please pm me.

lets read the whole post next time. he said 14k for the car he sold, and then he paid that PLUS another 13k. do some math, so it was 27k.

kidZim
10-21-2007, 09:29 PM
I like the front lip and the rear difusers.. congrats on the ride

Xmodder226
10-21-2007, 09:40 PM
Lowrideit I know you're online just post a picture proving you own the **** car already if you're not lying and want people to believe you

BART
10-21-2007, 09:50 PM
So jealously kicks in and Im not believe by what 2-3 people, You know why the F@#k should I waste my time doing that if 2 people dont belive me, big Fing deal, i really dont care what people say Because I know, that I do own that car, and I have REAL friends that also see it and know it, so thanks! and if this really gets too far, ill have a mod look this...

I'm a mod and i'm looking. Snap a pic of the registration at least...my kids also get real defensive when they lie.;)

Twin_Turbo
10-21-2007, 11:33 PM
alright so he hasn't posted in a while. thats an extremely nice evo probably can go around 40k. I mean how hard is it to take a pic of him next to it.

Kaze
10-22-2007, 12:13 AM
I always said Jersey was the Lancer Capitol of the US. This is just proof, another beautifull Evo. Idk about the pricing though, I dont think the VIII's are still that expensive (Granted idk how much the aftermarket parts were). Nice car reguardless, whether you truely own it or not (I believe you do), you have to appreciate it.

bondo
10-22-2007, 12:38 AM
see, this is why me and tex stick with the ol' busted assed chevy's:lol:

no one with any kind of self respect would actually admit that they owned either of ours unless they truly did.
i tell ya what though, by the time our projects are finished, ya'll are going to be asking us to take pics with "XMS" next to em.:bigwink:

not sure where your from bro but $16 an hour is **** good for a 17YR old.
i didnt start making over $10. untill i was 22. but that's michigan for ya.

now i make $17 an hour on my side job and still cant afford anything that nice, my advice to you is dont get married and dont have kids.
espescially ones with expensive tastes.......:roll:

nice ride BTW.

BlackSky909
10-22-2007, 01:17 AM
I call bull**** x5.

americanslide
10-22-2007, 01:48 AM
all i have to say is a stock one cost 23,000 so how did you buy one with that mutch stuff done for 14,000 or w/e

DRFTKO
10-22-2007, 02:13 AM
all i have to say is a stock one cost 23,000 so how did you buy one with that mutch stuff done for 14,000 or w/e

I believe Knvictd has already done the math and explained the pricing situation one time already.;) If that really is your Evo, congrats man.

lets read the whole psot next time. he said 14k for the car he sold, and then he paid that PLUS another 13k. do some math, so it was 27k.

BlackSky909
10-22-2007, 12:18 PM
I'm a mod and i'm looking. Snap a pic of the registration at least...my kids also get real defensive when they lie.;)

Along with me, why do people lie? I mean come on guys none of you own these **** cars so quit acting like it. "Hey guys I just bought a 2055 Skyline for $5 at a garage sale" Get a life.

Spoon_Tuner
10-22-2007, 12:43 PM
We're still waiting for the picture that proves its yours...

redrkt
10-22-2007, 01:00 PM
Hmmm 17 years old with $16k laying around? that right there would make me wonder to begin with. And like posted earlier, only $14K for a modded Celica?
Hell I started working when I was 14 and at 17 could barely afford to buy the beater 67 Impala that I had! Let alone have a modded Celica and $16K laying around to blow. Sounds like he is spending Mommy and Daddies money to me.
Like everyone else Post a picture of the title and registration with YOUR name on it, Then people will stop calling you out on it. I work 70+ hours a week at over $20/hour and can't afford a car that nice.
One other thing either the salesperson was an idiot or they had no idea what that car should really be worth. '06 Evo's are still pulling $30K + here in the Houston area, and that is STOCK! So a modded one for $27K is kinda hard to believe.
Any way post the proof that it is yours and most of us will back off.

Surgeon
10-22-2007, 02:53 PM
And like posted earlier, only $14K for a modded Celica?
One other thing either the salesperson was an idiot or they had no idea what that car should really be worth. '06 Evo's are still pulling $30K + here in the Houston area, and that is STOCK! So a modded one for $27K is kinda hard to believe.

Aftermarket parts depreciate the value of a car. A bone stock car with low miles is worth more than a tricked out one, that is just the way it is. For all you know the evo could have 80k and have been 25 psi for the last 40, meaning the motor is useless, or on its last leg.

IMO if he got 14k for a modded Celica he made out great. 25-35 on the evo(modded) should be about right, think about it the new ones hit the street which mean the old ones depreciate a few thousand dollars. Unless there is a stack of trophies and a line of fan-boys don't ever think you will get back what you pay for aftermarket parts.

Either way, I would, like to see proof that it is his car.

THE EDJ
10-22-2007, 03:07 PM
I too am a skeptic, not to say I don't believe you, the story sounds convincing and if I had a car like that and people were telling me I was full of BS, I'd get defensive and upset too. But you have to look at things from another perspective: there have been a lot of fake threads like this recently, "Look at my new car", and it's some awesome skyline, or S14. If that's your car, write your xms screen name on it and take a picture of that on the hood of the car. Problem solved, take a whole 5 minutes of your time and no one would give you a hard time. You'll only make things easier on yourself.

tommygreen23
10-22-2007, 03:22 PM
I don't doubt that he has it, I don't doubt that he has a 16/hr job, and I don't doubt that he traded the Celica. What I don't believe is the fact that he had 13k laying around. Even at 16/hr it would take about 800 hours to get to 13k and the government takes about 30% out of your payroll checks so add 30% of 13 000 and you get 3 900 in taxes alone 3 900 + 13 000 = 16 900 which is 1056 hours of work. at 30 hours a week (legal limit for minors) it would take 36 weeks to make that much money and you still have to put food in your mouth and gas in your car...

What I think is that his parents are rich and bought most of it for him, Whatever. Some people are lucky like that.

I can hardly afford my car, I have a 10/hr job fixing car stereos and I work 15 hours a week. I can hardly pay the 220 a month for the car and the 120 a month for the F'kin insurance. But its all worth it in the end :)

In case you don't believe that I own my car :p

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e51/tommygreen23/DSC00252-1.jpg

You'll have to click it, if I resize it you can't read the writing.

REDisFASTER
10-22-2007, 03:58 PM
I call bull**** x5.

Fine this kid may have money, but what kind of moron sells a $25k that they've put so much hard work and effort into to a 17 year old? Even if the kid did have money, I wouldn't be stupid enough to sell it to a 17 year old moron.

Look at civic_guy, he's trying to sell his Si, but he won't be stupid enough to let it go, even if the amount of money he asked for was met, to some 17 year old kid who just recently got their license...

Stampedekid
10-22-2007, 04:25 PM
its nice, but like the others, i doubt its yours

Xmodder226
10-22-2007, 05:23 PM
This guy is a moron. He apparently had enough time to keep us updated day-by-day of his imaginary girlfriend but he doesn't have 5 minutes to take a picture of his car with his name on it

Along with me, why do people lie? I mean come on guys none of you own these **** cars so quit acting like it. "Hey guys I just bought a 2055 Skyline for $5 at a garage sale" Get a life.Exactly, they go out of their way to make up all this bs just to impress people on an internet forum (people who they'll most likely never meet in real life)

Lmao, I wonder if this is another one of speed3326s accounts?

mustanglover
10-22-2007, 06:00 PM
its not speed....

imnotmikal
10-22-2007, 06:09 PM
how can you be certain it isnt him? it could be, or it could be someone that actaully HAS a life and isnt on 24/7. yes i just bashed myself. im always on when possible. haha.

mustanglover
10-22-2007, 06:15 PM
look at the pictures right click go to properties and its from tinypic, and a lot of people should kno speed is a pixel car crack head and he uses photobucket for all his pictures. so rade tinypic.com on that account and look for some pixel cars anyway.
or have a mod check the ip.

imnotmikal
10-22-2007, 06:20 PM
theres no accounts on tinypic. and if speed uses photobucket for his pics, dont you think he would notice after Texan pointed out before that you can check the address of the pictures...

still, if it is him, he needs to go spam someone else. like xmw. everyone hates xmw.

mustanglover
10-22-2007, 06:23 PM
XMW is hacked still:lol:

suicide_star
10-22-2007, 06:32 PM
This guy is a moron. He apparently had enough time to keep us updated day-by-day of his imaginary girlfriend but he doesn't have 5 minutes to take a picture of his car with his name on it

Exactly, they go out of their way to make up all this bs just to impress people on an internet forum (people who they'll most likely never meet in real life)

Lmao, I wonder if this is another one of speed3326s accounts?

i believed him at first and thought he would come through with some proof just to shut everybody up, but you make a good point xmodder...he has enough time to jack his teachers myspace pics and tell us every little thing that happens with her but cant take 1 picture of the car with something as proof...like blacksky said, this fake car sh*t is getting old...it starts nothing but big tread wars...and its just so some ******* kid can feel cool amongst a forum of people he doesnt even know in real life b/c they cant get any respect from people they actually know.

imnotmikal
10-22-2007, 06:33 PM
but still usable. anyways.

back on topic. or maybe keep this off topic so it gets closed. haha.

Nissanshift350
10-22-2007, 06:46 PM
Come on man where is the proof? For all we know that could be a buddys car your tryin to call yours so puttin your name on a paper and puttin it in the pic wont even work. Lets see written proof its urs like a title or regesteration. I really think this is all just BS. If i were to post a pic of my cars i would be smart enuf to show some proof. It takes 2 minutes to prove us wrong or you can just take days arguing. Its up to you..

REDisFASTER
10-22-2007, 06:51 PM
Guys, what do you think of my RX-7:

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb177/REDisFASTER/FC3S_Turbo_II.jpg

Pretty sweet, huh?

Honestly... Its completely obvious that this guy is an utter lie. He doesn't even reply as frequently as he did with his imaginary teacher-stalker infatuation thread, and the beginning on this thread where people haven't established him as a complete lie...

Guys, just give it a rest, let the thread die. Lowrideit already got his moment of fame, though it wasn't exactly a good one. Its probably all he wanted anyway, but I bet he wasn't expecting it to be this kind of attention.

EDIT: I know there's going to be some smart-*** asking if that is my 7. No it isn't. I found it on dA (so its not exactly the kind you can easily find on google). Beautifully done though...

stang_racer
10-22-2007, 07:12 PM
did u a@@ holes ever think maby u got this guy to a point where he just said F#%k it and just duznt post or even read the forums any more?? like really and if u do still read these man nice car!!! i just wish i could have a car like that but i cant cuz theyre illegal in canada! thinkin on movin south tho lol

jimmythekid1
10-22-2007, 07:13 PM
did u a@@ holes ever think maby u got this guy to a point where he just said F#%k it and just duznt post or even read the forums any more?? like really and if u do still read these man nice car!!! i just wish i could have a car like that but i cant cuz theyre illegal in canada! thinkin on movin south tho lol

no I think your wrong on that call this kid is a crazy *** whole.

texan_idiot25
10-22-2007, 07:18 PM

Sucks for Canada, you guys have to wait to import anything. Though, Im half sure you can import the car, and motor seperate, and then piece it together... I know theres a loop hole.

still, if it is him, he needs to go spam someone else. like xmw. everyone hates xmw.
Actually, he wouldnt have gotten anywhere near as far as he did here. He woulda been banned, blocked, and gone before now. :lol: Far more spam here then XMW.

REDisFASTER
10-22-2007, 07:21 PM
Guys, just let this thread die. noobie with 2 posts already received his infractions for calling us assholes, while he himself hasn't built a reputation (now he has...).

His first 2 posts, and one of them goes on continuing a thread that I told you guys to just let die? He obviously lacks reading skills...

Please guys, Lowrideit already has his 15 minutes of fame. Just let this thread die.

Xmodder226
10-22-2007, 07:32 PM
Sorry to get off-topic but why does everybody hate Xmod World? I guess I wouldn't know since i've pretty much never gone there. And WTF is up with their front page?

Woah sorry Red I just saw your post

BlackSky909
10-22-2007, 10:33 PM
Sorry to get off-topic but why does everybody hate Xmod World? I guess I wouldn't know since i've pretty much never gone there. And WTF is up with their front page?

Woah sorry Red I just saw your post

Cause there is a bunch of noob assholes like texan, all he does it run his mouth when he doesnt know a **** thing.

;)