PDA

View Full Version : Working windows..??

skeeter
01-03-2005, 09:46 PM
Has anybody modded a body so that the windows are functional? If so how?
I've been thinking of possible ways to do so..

Kujo
01-04-2005, 05:00 AM
That would look cool. But why?

nissan4life
01-04-2005, 01:42 PM
that would be pointless unless it was a show car then you would have to put a small motor inside and get it on the window some how and then put a switch on it and turn it off and on to make it go up and down(this way adds a lot of weight) or you could just cut out the windows and make a plastic one and put a hole in the bottom of the window and small indents body that dont go all the way through and glue screws or wooden dowels or something to hold it up and place the hole from in the window on the screws or wooden dowels or whatever you used if you do this give me credit and post pics please!!!!!!!!

skeeter
01-04-2005, 07:25 PM
I havent did it yet and might not, I was just curious to see if anybody had tried it yet.But if I was gonna try it I would get a couple of those tiny motors that are in the zip zap cars or work on some kinda spring system.Of course it would be for show only because a project like this would be to much work to risk wrecking and messing it up.... :D

nissan4life
01-07-2005, 11:16 PM
i have a tutorial on the www.xmodsforums.com site it's called Down With The Windows