PDA

View Full Version : Tunner Cars

2JZGOD
10-20-2007, 03:31 PM
Some of you might not know that i'm a car tuner at A-Tech Racing Tuner. I drive a 98 Toyota Supra with a 3.4L Stroker with a Greddy T-88 Turbo. Reccent dyno back in June of 07 was at 800 RWHP @ 794 ft lb of torque.
And post pics of your car love to see them :) if you want to see more pic of my car and my built engine check out my myspace www.myspace.com/carsbgone

tommygreen23
10-20-2007, 05:04 PM
Whats a Tunner car?

Seriously though, I have a 2007 Pontiac G5 and I want to turbo it in the future but they say you cant tune the 2.2L ECOtec so putting a turbo on would be a waste or possibly send the car into limp mode. Do you know of any tunes for the 2007+ 2.2L ECOtec.

suicide_star
10-20-2007, 05:12 PM
pontiac made a prototype turbo for a 2.2 ecotec, theres lots of stuff you can do to them...if you really cant find anything for it, pm me and i'll link you everything i can find...a good place to start is rksport.com, they're a bit pricey though

jimmythekid1
10-20-2007, 05:19 PM
you can turbo the ecotec but you need a custom PCM flash or a stand alone fuel controller.

suicide_star
10-20-2007, 05:57 PM
not meaning to be a prick or anything, but do you realize the car that you're calling yours is like 2 or 3 different cars? unless you have 2 sets of sideskirts, 2 sets of front bumpers, 2 sets of mirrors...that you like throwing on your car.

live4luck14
10-20-2007, 07:03 PM
w.tht pass movie ur gunna blow ur engine by the way u go really fast thn slo down cause ur putting too much pressure on ur pistons and u can blow ur engine

texan_idiot25
10-20-2007, 07:22 PM
You can turbo the ecotech, look at the solstice GXP and Sky Redline. Dunno who said that you cant, must live in a hole some place. :eyecraz: You can tune any engine, I could tune my mower for all I care too. ;)

http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews/convertibles/0608_x+2007_pontiac_solstice_gxp+engine.jpg

live4luck14-you dont know what you are talking about. Go, awaaay.

2JZGOD
10-20-2007, 07:28 PM
You can turbo the ecotech, look at the solstice GXP and Sky Redline. Dunno who said that you cant, must live in a hole some place. :eyecraz: You can tune any engine, I could tune my mower for all I care too. ;)

http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews/convertibles/0608_x+2007_pontiac_solstice_gxp+engine.jpg

may I add if your going to turbo your G5 you will need to replace your rings with low compression or else you will blow your engine.

Twin_Turbo
10-20-2007, 07:32 PM
w.tht pass movie ur gunna blow ur engine by the way u go really fast thn slo down cause ur putting too much pressure on ur pistons and u can blow ur engine

2jzs can handle piston pressure and not to be mean or anything, your pretty much completely wrong about what you said. You want more pressure for your pistons thats why they invented a TURBO.

WhiteMKIV
10-20-2007, 07:37 PM
2jzs can handle piston pressure and not to be mean or anything, your pretty much completely wrong about what you said. You want more pressure for your pistons thats why they invented a TURBO.

They INVENTED a TURBO for more air to get into the motor faster and that cuases better gas mileage.

2JZGOD
10-20-2007, 07:40 PM
well if you putting in NOS and Turbo well yea you need low compression rings. You can't just slap in a turbo on a n/a engine you'll atleast blow the heads what a waste, low compression prevents you from blowing your engine. Only time they use high compression rings are N/A engines no turbo. In turbo they come stock with low compression rings.

WhiteMKIV
10-20-2007, 07:45 PM
heres my car.......
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c148/supragtr/l_b67b82ca277a59c6ef5c79c3b8fef116.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c148/supragtr/l_de24c848c3742251aff7df9fee135948.jpg

tommygreen23
10-20-2007, 07:52 PM
I never said you can't turbo a ECOtec, I just said you can't tune my computer to tell it to add more fuel, air etc... The cobalt and G5 have completely new computers for 2007 and so far no one has been able to tune them without a piggyback, which I don't want. A stock ECOtec can handle 7-8 psi stock but any more than that and you will need to change out some internals. I know how to add a turbo, to use one efficiently you need a tune which right now I don't know where to get.

On a side note the GXP solstice uses a 2.0L ECOtec, The same one as the SS/SS cobalt, which is discontinued for 2008 :mad:

Texan, I think were not on the same page, When I say tune I mean redoing the computer to increase performance, If your lawnmower has a computer it must be one bigass mower :D

And just for the record, no bigass muffler is coming anywhere near my car :bigwink:

2JZGOD
10-20-2007, 07:54 PM
not meaning to be a prick or anything, but do you realize the car that you're calling yours is like 2 or 3 different cars? unless you have 2 sets of sideskirts, 2 sets of front bumpers, 2 sets of mirrors...that you like throwing on your car.

I hope you can tell before and after.

texan_idiot25
10-20-2007, 07:57 PM
-Ah, but I truely dont see how the ECU cant be tuned... Unless GM has done something to it in recent years.

-I tune it the old fashion way, CARBURATION, haha..

-Bleh, Saturn L-series. Been there, done that. Was glad when it left.

-The SS Cobalt used the Supercharged version though. But also ariel, makers of the Atom use that motor in its US verion, as opposed to Honda's VTEC motor. Same HP ratings at the 3 offered versions, but with more torque from the Ecotech.

2JZGOD
10-20-2007, 08:02 PM
-Ah, but I truely dont see how the ECU cant be tuned... Unless GM has done something to it in recent years.

-The SS Cobalt used the Supercharged version though. But also ariel, makers of the Atom use that motor in its US verion, as opposed to Honda's VTEC motor. Same HP ratings at the 3 offered versions, but with more torque from the Ecotech.
ECU wise
OEM SPEC ECU thats garbage once you turbo it can't pass emission
Go for Motec Universal ECU to get Max HP

tommygreen23
10-20-2007, 09:51 PM
Lucky no emissions here in Florida. The 2.4L ECOtec in the Pontiac G5 GT and Cobalt SS/NA or for 2008 the Cobalt "Sport" can be tuned and there are already several turbo kits out there for the 2.4. GM redid the whole computer system for most cars in 2007. There is a new radio, the black tie model, looks like this...

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e51/tommygreen23/4a5f6e79.jpg
(sorry you cant see the whole thing...)

A lot of features are controlled by this radio, The DIC (those familiar with GM know what that is), Door chimes, and supposedly the ECU can be tuned by putting a CD in the radio (myth, some say that the dealer played a special CD in their car to fix problems.) There is also a second computer looking thing located under the dash on the transmission hump (yeah, there is still one there even though they are FWD) that wasn't there in 2006.

I know the Cobalt, G5, Ion, HHR and whatever other ones I'm forgetting have new ECU systems in them for 2007.

jimmythekid1
10-20-2007, 09:59 PM

you lower the compression ratio because under full boost the presure raises so lower the compression stops the engine from coming apart.

BART
10-20-2007, 10:36 PM
well if you putting in NOS and Turbo well yea you need low compression rings. You can't just slap in a turbo on a n/a engine you'll atleast blow the heads what a waste, low compression prevents you from blowing your engine. Only time they use high compression rings are N/A engines no turbo. In turbo they come stock with low compression rings.

Please explain low compression rings to me as rings have nothing to do with the compression ratio of an engine. Compression ratio is determined by the volume of the head and the profile of the piston.

2JZGOD
10-20-2007, 10:38 PM
you lower the compression ratio because under full boost the presure raises so lower the compression stops the engine from coming apart.

nice sig but white MK 4 lives in Florida I live in WA how can we =? And didn't say I hate supra but I own a supra.

texan_idiot25
10-20-2007, 10:47 PM
well if you putting in NOS and Turbo well yea you need low compression rings. You can't just slap in a turbo on a n/a engine you'll atleast blow the heads what a waste, low compression prevents you from blowing your engine. Only time they use high compression rings are N/A engines no turbo. In turbo they come stock with low compression rings.LOL, compression rings.... And also I need to buy some new push rods for my RX8 too huh?

While were talking forced induction, check out RPM's/NRE's 1073 hp/900 ft lb tq 4.3 Vortec V6.
Q5ej6SPKk3w
On the track, it runs in and around 1200 hp:
OyhEv3kMMl0

Boy I would kill to slam this into the Jimmy.

2JZGOD
10-20-2007, 10:55 PM
Please explain low compression rings to me as rings have nothing to do with the compression ratio of an engine. Compression ratio is determined by the volume of the head and the profile of the piston.
Low compression ring is better free flowing for a turbo engine to prevent pressure build up when engine is under boost. For an example a 1JZ 2.5L piston rings on a 2JZ 3.0L piston from a supra engine.

WhiteMKIV
10-20-2007, 10:58 PM

Dude the saturn l searies are baddass, i got a buddy down here that has a turbo'd b18 honda motor in his, and he run high 11's with it. You can beat the living **** outta the motor in the stock l's Its nots my favorite car in the world but i would rather have that then a eclipse...... those DSM motors suck :nod: But anyone who owns a satty can tell you that they are fun to drive

2JZGOD GO ON AIM

suicide_star
10-20-2007, 10:58 PM
:eyecraz:

dude...i think i just had an orgasm watching that jimmy...

that thing looked like a typhoon body?

BART
10-20-2007, 11:00 PM
Low compression ring is better free flowing for a turbo engine to prevent pressure build up when engine is under boost. For an example a 1JZ 2.5L piston rings on a 2JZ 3.0L piston from a supra engine.

The only way a ring could lower compression is to allow blow by which is very undesirable in ANY engine. Do you even know how piston rings work?

texan_idiot25
10-20-2007, 11:08 PM
Low compression ring is better free flowing for a turbo engine to prevent pressure build up when engine is under boost. For an example a 1JZ 2.5L piston rings on a 2JZ 3.0L piston from a supra engine

Uh ok, you dont want any car loosing compression through the piston rings..

:eyecraz:

dude...i think i just had an orgasm watching that jimmy...

that thing looked like a typhoon body?
Haha, yes, it was a Typhoon, converted 2wd though

Dude the saturn l searies are baddass, i got a buddy down here that has a turbo'd b18 honda motor in his, and he run high 11's with it. You can beat the living **** outta the motor in the stock l's Its nots my favorite car in the world but i would rather have that then a eclipse...... those DSM motors suck :nod: But anyone who owns a satty can tell you that they are fun to drive

2JZGOD GO ON AIM

Its not really much saturn power left when you slap in a honda motor to power it. But, why put a low torque, small displacement I4 when the larger, more torque-ish DOHC V6 has enough problems motivating the car. Toss the 5.3V8 setup from the Impalla SS :lol:

We owned a Saturd L200. Unreliable, cheap, handled and road like crap as well. Its only saving grace, was that it was a safe car:
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e321/texan_idiot25/totalledsaturn023.jpg
Details: http://www.xmodworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=24965

Just a decent point a to point b car, not what I would call fun to drive though..

2JZGOD
10-20-2007, 11:12 PM

Its not really much saturn power left when you slap in a honda motor to power it. But, why put a low torque, small displacement I4 when the larger, more torque-ish DOHC V6 has enough problems motivating the car. Toss the 5.3V8 setup from the Impalla SS :lol:

We owned a Saturd L200. Unreliable, cheap, handled and road like crap as well. Its only saving grace, was that it was a safe car:
Details: http://www.xmodworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=24965

Just a decent point a to point b car, not what I would call fun to drive though..
agreed

WhiteMKIV
10-20-2007, 11:12 PM

LMAO SATURD:lol: Mine isnt a v6 :( but mine is reliable, ive herd a couple of things about the L200's. The only thing i dont like about mine is the handleing, other than that is i like the pick up... Its been known to beat a few tuners..... and a stang

suicide_star
10-20-2007, 11:13 PM
to clear things up...i didnt read that well into the posts to see if anybody said it yet...but you dont use piston RINGS to try to achieve higher or lower compression...the difference is in the piston itself lmfao...the dome height (from what i understand) is how you control your compression (if you even use a domed piston b/c there are a few diff kinds out there) ...the only way you could get "lower compression" from rings is if your freakin rings went bad...that would definitely lower your compression...

2JZGOD
10-20-2007, 11:15 PM
Heres a 3.4L supra owning a TT viper
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IS9ciSj2To
Heres the 3.4L supra dynoing at 1133 HP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOnfc6TTG5o

xmodificationer
10-20-2007, 11:17 PM
man xmw is weird, sometime i try to go on it says im banned and then other times it works:eyecraz:

2JZGOD
10-20-2007, 11:18 PM
to clear things up...i didnt read that well into the posts to see if anybody said it yet...but you dont use piston RINGS to try to achieve higher or lower compression...the difference is in the piston itself lmfao...the dome height (from what i understand) is how you control your compression (if you even use a domed piston b/c there are a few diff kinds out there) ...the only way you could get "lower compression" from rings is if your freakin rings went bad...that would definitely lower your compression...
if you think that way go to your local tuninng shop and find out and tell us smart one!!!

WhiteMKIV
10-20-2007, 11:20 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=zJAh6FrOALE

Theres your 7 sec car driving around on the streets...Watch from 30 seconds to 35 seconds, HE IS SPINNING THE WHEELS IN 3RD GEAR :) i would sell my soul to satin for that car :nod:

suicide_star
10-20-2007, 11:21 PM
if you think that way go to your local tuninng shop and find out and tell us smart one!!!

not too many tuninng or tunning shops around here

BART
10-20-2007, 11:21 PM

First off, your not impressing anyone with your bogus engine knowledge (or lack thereof). Buy a book or use the internet to learn how the internal combustion engine works. Rings (unless worn out) can IN NO WAY change your compression ratio.

suicide_star
10-20-2007, 11:25 PM
First off, your not impressing anyone with your bogus engine knowledge (or lack thereof). Buy a book or use the internet to learn how the internal combustion engine works. Rings (unless worn out) can IN NO WAY change your compression ratio.

amen...why would you want to lose compression to your crankcase?

texan_idiot25
10-20-2007, 11:26 PM
LMAO SATURD:lol: Mine isnt a v6 :( but mine is reliable, ive herd a couple of things about the L200's. The only thing i dont like about mine is the handleing, other than that is i like the pick up... Its been known to beat a few tuners..... and a stang

The DOHC V6 was a rev happy motor, moved the car at an ok pace, but it was quite slower than our 98 Jimmy. It just sounded like it was going fast when you mashed its (poopy throttle by wire) gas.

xmodificationer-ever been to it before? Either that, or do you have a PC that shares an internet connection? Could be your IP matches one on the ban list occasionally, who knows.

All righty then.

-Jimmythekid is a ASE certified mechanic, so when he gets on to prove you wrong listen.
-I am a car enthusiest, my dad has been an ASE mechanic for some 20 years, and I grew up in the garage and am building my own '69 C10 as well.
-ZX9RBART Im sure is a solid enthusiast too.
-Suicidestar, though new, has proven to know pretty well too

We all have a **** solid knowledge of cars. And we are telling you, piston rings dont allow for lower compression. Infact, thats the exact opposite of what you want.

2JZGOD
10-20-2007, 11:26 PM

you dont change compression ratio you retard!!!!! low comp rings arent WARN DOWN TO BLOW BLUE CLOWDS OF SMOKE THEY HELP THE ENGINE TO HAVE A BETTER FREE FLOW!!!!

suicide_star
10-20-2007, 11:28 PM
gj on calling one of the coolest mods on here a retard

this isnt even worth my time, before you come in here with ur bs story about your 800 hp supra and whatnot, please learn how an engine works so you can at least kind of fool people...please, feel free to link up some "low compression piston rings" from anywhere on the internet, i'm interested. please, shut me up.

xmodificationer
10-20-2007, 11:32 PM
texan yea i use a laptop sometimes, and a psp, and a wii... but i dont know y i could have gotten banned?

REDisFASTER
10-20-2007, 11:32 PM
The three main functions of piston rings are:
1. Sealing the combustion chamber.
2. Supporting heat transfer from the piston to the cylinder wall.
3. Regulating motor oil consumption.
from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piston_ring

you dont change compression ratio you retard!!!!!

ZX9BART, that sounds a lot like flaming/mocking a staff member... Sounds like one of the possible infractions you can give him... Are you game?

Anyway, 2JZ, I think you better go to bed or cool off. By the way you're headed, you're just asking for us to close your thread...

Calm down and accept wrong from right, if not, talk in a respectful manner without having to result to name calling.

BART
10-20-2007, 11:33 PM
you dont change compression ratio you retard!!!!! low comp rings arent WARN DOWN TO BLOW BLUE CLOWDS OF SMOKE THEY HELP THE ENGINE TO HAVE A BETTER FREE FLOW!!!!

Wow....really, thats all I can say. please please elaborate on how rings alter "flow". (psssst...air does not pass through the rings) We can keep going if you like but I'll blow you out of the water on engine theory.:bigwink:

[Quote:
Originally Posted by REDisFASTER View Post
The three main functions of piston rings are:
1. Sealing the combustion chamber.
2. Supporting heat transfer from the piston to the cylinder wall.
3. Regulating motor oil consumption.
from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piston_ring

ZX9BART, that sounds a lot like flaming/mocking a staff member... Sounds like one of the possible infractions you can give him... Are you game?

Anyway, 2JZ, I think you better go to bed or cool off. By the way you're headed, you're just asking for us to close your thread...

Calm down and accept wrong from right, if not, talk in a respectful manner without having to result to name calling.]

I dont get too excited about it...desperation is usually followed by name calling. He wont be here long enough for it to matter.

texan_idiot25
10-20-2007, 11:39 PM

HAHAHAHAH, OK, that blue cloud of smoke is oil burning. God I hope you did not use this crack head philosophy on your supra.

2JZGOD
10-20-2007, 11:43 PM
HAHAHAHAH, OK, that blue cloud of smoke is oil burning. God I hope you did not use this crack head philosophy on your supra.
Nope just expressing weared out rings lol

WhiteMKIV
10-20-2007, 11:43 PM
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c148/supragtr/engine_running.gif

The piston moves up and compresses the trapped air fuel mixture that was brought in by the intake stroke.The amount that the mixture is compressed is determined by the compression ratio of the engine.The spark plug fires, igniting the compressed air-fuel mixture which produces a powerful expansion of the vapor.The combustion process pushes the piston down the cylinder with great force turning the crankshaft to provide the power to propel the vehicle.

suicide_star
10-20-2007, 11:44 PM
this guy doesn't have a supra...im pretty sure lmfao...why all the ppl with the fake cars lately, wth? hey, look at me kids..i have a skyline that runs in the 9's and here, check out these stolen pics real quick and tell me what you think...

xmodificationer
10-20-2007, 11:45 PM
i know people that do this think we are stupid? hehe just admit it guys everyone knows

2JZGOD
10-20-2007, 11:47 PM
http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=19967005

civic_guy
10-20-2007, 11:50 PM
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p145/civic_guy116/IMG_1695.jpg

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p145/civic_guy116/IMG_1681.jpg

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p145/civic_guy116/IMG_1677.jpg

My "tuner" She's puuurdy and for sale :D

2JZGOD
10-20-2007, 11:52 PM
this guy doesn't have a supra...im pretty sure lmfao...why all the ppl with the fake cars lately, wth? hey, look at me kids..i have a skyline that runs in the 9's and here, check out these stolen pics real quick and tell me what you think...
want proof??? here ya go http://www.cardomain.com/ride/309793

texan_idiot25
10-20-2007, 11:52 PM
For sale eh? What are ya gonna replace it with?

2JZGOD-Beating a 240 is no big feat :lol: their not known for being fast in a straight line..

Now, why are you avoiding the subject of these sopposed 'low compression rings'?

That is not proof its yours, posting the car domain site. Thats about as solid proof as speed3326 posting the shipping site of that Skyline last night :lol: Mkay, the end it all of that arguement (of it being yours) is just walk out, and take a pic of a sheet of paper with the car, with oh say... V8s Rule written on the paper....

civic_guy
10-20-2007, 11:54 PM
2JZGOD-Beating a 240 is no big feat :lol: their not known for being fast in a straight line..

Now, why are you avoiding the subject of these sopposed 'low compression rings'?

Toyota Supra...lol. As ironic as that may be given the contents of the thread. I've always been in love with Targa Top Supras. Plus I think its better to have a RWD money pit than a FWD money pit...lol.

WhiteMKIV
10-20-2007, 11:55 PM
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p145/civic_guy116/IMG_1695.jpg

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p145/civic_guy116/IMG_1681.jpg

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p145/civic_guy116/IMG_1677.jpg

My "tuner" She's puuurdy and for sale :D

DONT SELL HER!!!!!!!!!!!!! uhhhh :uhoh: how much? :lol:

2JZGOD
10-20-2007, 11:55 PM
option # 2 http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=19969446

xmodificationer
10-20-2007, 11:57 PM
dude dont listen to this guy he cant even spell "tuner"

suicide_star
10-20-2007, 11:57 PM
wth does a video of a supra racing stuff have to do with backing up your low compression piston ring theory?

well, umm...if thats your supra, heres mine :bigwink:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2492373

2JZGOD
10-20-2007, 11:59 PM
well, umm...if thats your supra, heres mine :bigwink:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2492373

umm sure?

REDisFASTER

That is not proof its yours, posting the car domain site. Thats about as solid proof as speed3326 posting the shipping site of that Skyline last night :lol:

+1

Just about everyone who owns a car of that caliber, even stock (Supras, NSXes, Skylines, RX-7s, S14s, most older 240 guys, etc) have more maturity when they speak that this guy. And as for the fact of now avoiding the low compression rings topic, its an obvious sign that he's a misinformed 14-17 year old car enthusiast...

Just the fact that he uses the username 2JZGOD, says so. Most elite car enthusiats usually have their car in their name, or something that reflects their personality or the way they drive. Calling yourself the God of 2JZs is just a plain showing of a teen car enthusiast.

texan_idiot25
Toyota Supra...lol. As ironic as that may be given the contents of the thread. I've always been in love with Targa Top Supras. Plus I think its better to have a RWD money pit than a FWD money pit...lol.
Amen to that :lol:

All I have to say is, keep it clean looking (no BKs, what so ever, imo), and dont use low compression piston rings. :lol:

2JZGOD
10-21-2007, 12:01 AM
http://thumbs.streetfire.net/4915f66a-ca05-4b5b-8bbe-fdba155b597d.jpg (http://videos.streetfire.net/video/4915f66a-ca05-4b5b-8bbe-fdba155b597d.htm)Boost Logic T67 single turbo Supra at 14psi accelerating into a wastegate roar. Turn up the volume!! (http://videos.streetfire.net/video/4915f66a-ca05-4b5b-8bbe-fdba155b597d.htm)

suicide_star
10-21-2007, 12:04 AM

All I have to say is, keep it clean looking (no BKs, what so ever, imo), and dont use low compression piston rings. :lol:

dude...low compression piston rings=smoke=choking the hell out of your competition=WINS THE RACE!

REDisFASTER
10-21-2007, 12:04 AM
How come I don't see any 'low compression rings' on page 6 of your cardomain page?

WhiteMKIV
10-21-2007, 12:05 AM
MAN suicid star, i wish i had a 1000hp + RHD supra :(

BART
10-21-2007, 12:05 AM
http://thumbs.streetfire.net/4915f66a-ca05-4b5b-8bbe-fdba155b597d.jpg (http://videos.streetfire.net/video/4915f66a-ca05-4b5b-8bbe-fdba155b597d.htm)Boost Logic T67 single turbo Supra at 14psi accelerating into a wastegate roar. Turn up the volume!! (http://videos.streetfire.net/video/4915f66a-ca05-4b5b-8bbe-fdba155b597d.htm)

would you like me to lock this thread or ban you? Your choice...one chance, one answer.

suicide_star
10-21-2007, 12:06 AM
MAN suicid star, i wish i had a 1000hp + RHD supra :(

lol, me2...bout as much as this guy wishes he had some low compression piston rings

texan_idiot25
dude...low compression piston rings=smoke=choking the hell out of your competition=WINS THE RACE!
I shall use this technique with the CST/10, poorly tune the Carb so it spews gas out the exhaust. BRILLIANT! :lol:

2JZGOD
How come I don't see any 'low compression rings' on page 6 of your cardomain page?cause engine aint complete will post later. If you got a myspace go to www.myspace.com/carsbgone and click supra power plant.

BART
10-21-2007, 12:09 AM
cause engine aint complete will post later. If you got a myspace go to www.myspace.com/carsbgone and click supra power plant.

Wrong answer.

texan_idiot25
10-21-2007, 12:10 AM
Come'on, picture of a sheet of paper on the hood of your Supra, with V8 Rules written on the paper. Chop Chop.

Otherwise, Im all for banning you.

xmodificationer
10-21-2007, 12:11 AM
^^^ i agree with texan

WhiteMKIV
10-21-2007, 12:12 AM
disagree, How can he write on the peice of paper and v8 rules if his supra is in the body shop

xmodificationer
10-21-2007, 12:13 AM
too late hes banned now mods will close this

BART
10-21-2007, 12:14 AM
Banned...sorry, my first infraction ever. I feel kinda sad now.......Ok it passed.

WhiteMKIV
10-21-2007, 12:14 AM
:( lol

texan_idiot25
10-21-2007, 12:16 AM
Since when was it in the body shop? :eyecraz:

Now that hes gone, no need to lock this I sopose. Onwards with tuners, domestic and imports alike...

civic_guy
10-21-2007, 12:16 AM

lol. yeah I like keepin my cars clean. I would have loved to turbo the Si, but its time for me to move on and get something I know I'll keep for sure.

WhiteMKIV
10-21-2007, 12:17 AM
Since when was it in the body shop? :eyecraz:

Now that hes gone, no need to lock this I sopose. Onwards with tuners, domestic and imports alike...

He got rear ended by a F150 if you look at his myspace you will see the supra with out bumbers and primered down

texan_idiot25
10-21-2007, 12:21 AM
Thats not his... The blue one is his supra. Low compression piston rings and all.

WhiteMKIV
10-21-2007, 12:33 AM
http://tampa.craigslist.org/car/454758422.html

uhhhhhhhh OMG ive seen that so many times driving around.... come to find out it lives a couple of blocks from me

BART
10-21-2007, 12:50 AM
I reversed my infractions on him...pm me if his crap continues.

WhiteMKIV
10-21-2007, 12:57 AM
I reversed my infractions on him...pm me if his crap continues.

who? 2jz god?

BART
10-21-2007, 12:59 AM
who? 2jz god?

yea

WhiteMKIV
10-21-2007, 01:01 AM
yea

is he stil banned

BART
10-21-2007, 01:03 AM
is he stil banned

I only banned him for 24 hours and I reversed the infraction points against him. I'm too nice I guess.

civic_guy
10-21-2007, 01:10 AM
there's so much drama on the forums now...:uhoh:

BART
10-21-2007, 01:14 AM
there's so much drama on the forums now...:uhoh:

It's like kindergarten without the safety scissors and glue sticks. Everyone just need to be their selves and stop trying to impress everyone.

suicide_star
10-21-2007, 01:25 AM
yea...i just think its funny that they post this stuff in these forums then start babbling about performance and working on the engines...assuming everybody on the forum is a complete idiot and has no clue about real cars...just because we like playing with RC cars doesnt mean we dont fool with real ones too, IMO...ppl in here are more informative than the ones in my saturn forums

texan_idiot25
10-21-2007, 01:46 AM
IMO...ppl in here are more informative than the ones in my saturn forums

Because you have many different folks bottle in one area, as opposed to a single forum dedicated to a single line of cars. Ill tell you what, maybe 50-60% of the guys on my classic chevy truck forum couldnt tell you a thing about EFI, but can tell you how to rebuild and tune the hell out of a Rochester Quadrajet carb. Different 'factions' I guess you could say, different areas of specialization.

You have import fans, muscle fans, and general fans bottled in one section, sooner or later one of us calls BS pretty quick :lol:

NRE has some my favorite street machines, like this 2000 hp twin turbo Pontiac Temptest:
Ad8g9IfWxKI

3rd gear on this sucker, is geared for roughly a 160-180 mph red line, give or take. And it spins them like nothing else matters.

jimmythekid1
10-21-2007, 09:55 AM
well i'm no performance boost expert but from my knowledge I've never heard any thing about using low compression rings. However when running high boost you need to lower the compression ratio. This is done with different stroked connecting rods, different pistons, and a different head gasket thickness. I'm not sure what the exact combinations are that you need but I do know you lower the compression ratio, not the cylinder compression.

Now why you need to lower the ratio with high boost. Under full boost, when the super charger or turbo is fully spinning the compression ratio increases because you are cramming tons of air in to the the cylinders.

The way i see it with low compression rings the way I see it you would have, lower compression at idle, meaning low vacuum and poor driveability. Now add boost and all that crammed air will just go in the crank case, resulting in a dead hole.

REDisFASTER
10-21-2007, 12:02 PM
well i'm no performance boost expert but from my knowledge I've never heard any thing about using low compression rings. However when running high boost you need to lower the compression ratio. This is done with different stroked connecting rods, different pistons, and a different head gasket thickness. I'm not sure what the exact combinations are that you need but I do know you lower the compression ratio, not the cylinder compression.

Jimmy, with that one paragraph, you hit the nail right on the head! :nod:

And if our buddy was so patriotic in defending his low compression pistons, why is it that he doesn't list it as one of this mods on the 6th page of his CarDomain?

suicide_star
10-21-2007, 12:04 PM
i just wanted him to google some low compression piston rings on the net and link em up...that was enough for me...lmfao

civic_guy
10-21-2007, 12:31 PM
Here's a cool video, its old but its in Houston. The white 240 with the built KA now has a 2JZ swap and is running over 1000hp.

The Blue supra now has 700+ hp and the IS300 has over 700 hp too.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tm3n-SLyGIM

Here's a more current vid of the 240. They swaped out the KA for a 2JZ. The guy's name is Duy and he owns both the 240 and the Blue Supra.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wKwdnllvB9Y

Here's another one of the 240 on an 1/8 mile strip. It's driven by Jason aka St00pid. He's the one that does all the tuning for Hondas...he's one of the best honda tuners in the Texas and probly the US. I'm sure if you read car mags you've seen his name in the credits on some of the feature Hondas that comes from Texas.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PMyC3569jZg

And here's a final one with some import and domestic racing.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=o56MTaUNu6k

They're all really good vids so check em out :)

WhiteMKIV
10-21-2007, 12:42 PM

Now why you need to lower the ratio with high boost. Under full boost, when the super charger or turbo is fully spinning the compression ratio increases because you are cramming tons of air in to the the cylinders.

The way i see it with low compression rings the way I see it you would have, lower compression at idle, meaning low vacuum and poor driveability. Now add boost and all that crammed air will just go in the crank case, resulting in a dead hole.

I AM NOT THE ONE WHO SAID THIS! 2JZGOD WANTED ME TO POST THIS FOR HIM!

tell him I said this low compression pistons will allow you to run A LOT of boost with a larger region for error, however super low compression motors are basically all or nothing- if you're not into the thick part of boost, you're motor is going to feel completely bottom less- this setup will be best if you just like to go fast in straight lines and don't care about sacrificing around town power for maximum power on boost

jimmythekid1
10-21-2007, 01:00 PM

tell him I said this low compression pistons will allow you to run A LOT of boost with a larger region for error, however super low compression motors are basically all or nothing- if you're not into the thick part of boost, you're motor is going to feel completely bottom less- this setup will be best if you just like to go fast in straight lines and don't care about sacrificing around town power for maximum power on boost

what is the point of you/him saying that? When you/him have been argueing about "low compression rings" The reason you lower the compression is not for power but ot keep the engine from coming apart!

gotrice
10-21-2007, 01:01 PM

I believe what 2JZ god meant to say was pistions not rings any ways he's right about low comp pistons if your going to do track tune to get full power, Med low compression for around town driving. I beleive according to 2JZ god myspace he's using Titan Low comp pistions 8.5:1 ratio with a 85MM Bore the engine he's building is SICK!!!.

what is the point of you/him saying that? When you/him have been argueing about "low compression rings" The reason you lower the compression is not for power but ot keep the engine from coming apart!
bumping up your compression significantly and running a lot of boost can be tough, and means you'll have to have a **** good tune on the motor- but this will allow you to run less boost to reach the same power levels and will provide nice reliability off boost- this combination will be hardest to tune!!!!

jimmythekid1
10-21-2007, 01:04 PM
I believe what 2JZ god meant to say was pistions not rings any ways he's right about low comp pistons if your going to do track tune to get full power, Med low compression for around town driving. I beleive according to 2JZ god myspace he's using Titan Low comp pistions 8.5:1 ratio with a 85MM Bore the engine he's building is SICK!!!.

I think we have some one with multiple personality on this site. Get off it man you suck, no one wants you here go away!

bumping up your compression significantly and running a lot of boost can be tough, and means you'll have to have a **** good tune on the motor- but this will allow you to run less boost to reach the same power levels and will provide nice reliability off boost- this combination will be hardest to tune!!!!

shut up you don't ever raise the compression to boost an engine, you lower the compresson ratio to make the bottom end hold together.

gotrice
10-21-2007, 01:09 PM
I think we have some one with multiple personality on this site. Get off it man you suck, no one wants you here go away!
not to be a prick you need to do some research in turboing cars and stuff because seems like you don't know what your talking about.

shut up you don't ever raise the compression to boost an engine, you lower the compresson ratio to make the bottom end hold together.
Now not to be rude it depends on what turbo your going to put into it and varries on the engine and how much boost it can takes.

jimmythekid1
10-21-2007, 01:11 PM
not to be a prick you need to do some research in turboing cars and stuff because seems like you don't know what your talking about.

to late you are a prick, with multiple accounts!

since you know some much talk to me about spark knock?

gotrice
10-21-2007, 01:13 PM
to late you are a prick, with multiple accounts!Well your a dick with no brain!!!!

jimmythekid1
10-21-2007, 01:15 PM
Well your a dick with no brain!!!!

thats common with us that have them.

gotrice
10-21-2007, 01:16 PM
thats common with us that have them.
your that is wont open your eye biggers to see what the heck is going on!!! Trying to be Mr I know every thing!!

BART
10-21-2007, 01:18 PM
Now not to be rude it depends on what turbo your going to put into it and varries on the engine and how much boost it can takes.

How many times are you going to double post? Also, it seems pretty convenient that god or whatever was banned yesterday and you show up today...time to do some IP research.

jimmythekid1
10-21-2007, 01:18 PM
just explain to me spark knock then you will have some creditability and Ill shut up.

gotrice
10-21-2007, 01:20 PM
to late you are a prick, with multiple accounts!

since you know some much talk to me about spark knock?When you get spark knock is when your running low octane fuel or too much compression normaly build up by carbon in combustion chamber. with a malfuntion EGR and cause a loud knocking noise.

suicide_star
10-21-2007, 01:20 PM

lmfao, maybe you should take your own advice and just learn the basics of how an engine works before you start talking about tweaking cylinder compression...god i wish you would just leave it alone and go play with ur xmods like a good little boy.

jimmythekid1
10-21-2007, 01:21 PM
When you get spark knock is when your running low octane fuel or too much compression.
sound like a google search response.
so how do you result the problem of spark knock?

BART
10-21-2007, 01:22 PM
Another ban...what will his next name be?

suicide_star
10-21-2007, 01:23 PM
Another ban...what will his next name be?

im thinking lowcompressionpistonringgod

BART
10-21-2007, 01:24 PM
im thinking lowcompressionpistonringgod

good...

texan_idiot25
10-21-2007, 02:20 PM
I have an idea, for the next day or so, ask all newly registered members what the motor is to the Supra.

If they get it correct, they get banned. Only two folks seem to know it by heart right now, and the other is banned ;)

meme405
10-21-2007, 02:24 PM

LOL this may sound sad but i have tuned my mower...lol, it ran to slow because when you pull the drive assist, it didn't go fast enough so i messed around with the belt and sprocket, until i updated it to a chain drive, and got itso that it could run as fast as i could run behind it. LOL sorry had to say that, you can tune any engine, i usually cut the muffle out of my exhaust systems, on my weed eater engine and even my 13HP pressure washer...makes um run nice and loud, as well as more power..

WhiteMKIV
10-21-2007, 02:55 PM
Wow you guys are still fighting about that? Lets fight about super chargers now, the whole low compresion thing got boreing lol

THE RINGS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH COMPRESION! now can we please drop it.

texan_idiot25
10-21-2007, 03:12 PM
Why dont you just leave? You brought it back up, and your buddy came back the the forum to talk more about them.

WhiteMKIV
10-21-2007, 03:14 PM
Why dont you just leave? You brought it back up, and your buddy came back the the forum to talk more about them.

Leave? LOL ur funny, how did i bring it back up?

texan_idiot25
10-21-2007, 03:20 PM
Jesus Christ, the stupidity...

Today, 11:42 AM:

REDisFASTER
10-21-2007, 03:24 PM
WhiteMKIV, remember this: http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10940 ?

Anyway, yeah, just about every engine can be tuned. Lawnmower engines, weed whacker engines, etc.

If you're looking for a few cheap and easy mods, pull apart a small engine and knife-edge the conrod. If you're using a single piston two-stroke, you can even get a dremel and create a 'whirlwind' in the block by creating an angle on the leading edge of the crank face.

If you've really got the knowhow, you can port and polish your sleeve for some power! But I don't recommend doing that if you don't have a clue of what you're doing...

WhiteMKIV
10-21-2007, 03:26 PM
Jesus Christ, the stupidity...

Today, 11:42 AM:

Learn how to READ! Arent you from texas? Thats one of the smartest states......wait nvm, i'm not the one who wrote that. 2JZGOD told me to ask the MOD to un bann him, i said not till ur 24 hours are up [ wich i think he's perm bann now] so i posted it for him. The stupidity? Didnt someone say theres to much drama on here? and yet once he's banned you guys stil continue to talk about him " Hmmmm i wonder what his new name is gonna be". **** why cant we all get along and get on a topic where everyone doesnt bring up other convo's in that topic, I tihnk this thread should be closed since its gonna cuase more flameing and banning.