PDA

View Full Version : mod elections

firebird999
10-17-2007, 09:39 PM
We Should Have Some Say In Who Monitors Us

imnotmikal
10-17-2007, 09:44 PM
i dont think we should. cuz it could turn into presidential elections and elect somone who doesnt do/know anything like Dubya.

i think the current mods should pick a respected member that we know can handle it to moderate.

bondo
10-17-2007, 09:51 PM

that's exactly how it was for the first go round' and i think were lucky that we got that.

i think that the end result turned out pretty well.
there's a couple that i dont agree with but for the most part,we got the best mods(per section) as possible.

if there werent seperate catgories for each mod then i could think af a couple other people that i would like to see as mods/supermods(not different ones, just more) simply for the way they carry themselves but that isnt up to me.

RedSXmodder
10-17-2007, 10:30 PM

And just who do you have in mind? Also, why do you say this? Is there a problem with the current mods?

Just give me some good reasons. You kinda seem like you've got a problem with a few of the mods.

Later,
RedSXmodder

texan_idiot25
10-17-2007, 10:52 PM
Supressor is one, for sure. Never around, and the only sight I saw of him was hypocritical of being a mod.

Kinda bad to have one of your own blow up on a thread that was being widely viewed by readers of the site he decided to flame. ;)

At the time, it had what, on average of 5-10 guests at any one time?

Numbchux
10-18-2007, 06:30 AM
there are no elections. new moderators are chosen by existing moderating staff...end of story

BUT, if someone isn't holding up their end of the bargain pm one of us politely (insulting, whining, complaining, etc. will get you no-where.), and changes can certainly be made.

firebird999
10-18-2007, 07:40 AM
And just who do you have in mind? Also, why do you say this? Is there a problem with the current mods?

Just give me some good reasons. You kinda seem like you've got a problem with a few of the mods.

Later,
RedSXmodder
well, i guess i sorta do... there are a whole lot of people that are just never on here that are mods. although i am happy with the current active mods.

BlackSky909
10-18-2007, 03:37 PM
Only Supressor and hes busy, also we did away with mods assigned to categories. All mods have power over all the categories now.

meme405
10-20-2007, 02:40 PM
okay i think all the mods are awesome, sure you never see some of them, but they do come on once in a while...

And if there were elections we'd wind up with a bush being elected at some point anyways, so who really cares...

I view most of the mods as regular members, the only difference is that they do more for the site than other members.

live4luck14
10-20-2007, 04:33 PM
i think elections would be stoopid b/c people would make a bunch of account and keep voting 4 themselves and it would be a really big mess........

suicide_star
10-20-2007, 05:17 PM
lol...elect mods? there's nothing wrong with the current mods...in fact, this is one of the cleanest xmods forums that i've come across and the only one that i come to. i noticed xmw was taken over by turkish hackers, lmfao..thats gotta suck...

Spam-me-not
01-04-2008, 11:28 AM
What about the Admin/Current Mods pick a few members that the members could vote on?

REDisFASTER
01-04-2008, 11:31 AM
Its too much work to do now. We're recently fixing up the whole forums from a recent incident. The current mods and admins are working on quite a few things right now, and it really isn't the time for changes in the moderation and administration circle.

fordman239
01-04-2008, 11:33 AM
that would be pointless. there are some members, not metioning any names, that try to play the roll of moderators, becuz they think they are all that. we cant vote on mods, becuz thats up to the admins. there are mods that the admins want, and thats all there is to it.

noturday
01-04-2008, 02:05 PM
why is this being brought up again?

the moderators/admins keep a good eye of what's going on and who is playing "Mod" and who spams and who just makes retarded posts and such. they take all of this into account when they want to pick another moderator who they think will keep the forum running smoothly. seems like a pretty good system to me, i wouldnt challenge it