PDA

View Full Version : ummmm

rice boi
01-03-2005, 07:09 PM
can i use somtin else then the pinion puller to pull pinion out?

deerman270
01-03-2005, 07:24 PM
not really your better off just buying the pinion pullers so you dont mess up the pinion

nissan4life
01-04-2005, 05:06 PM
yeah put vise grips on the pinion and holde so the pinion is facing up and stick a nail or needle etc. into the tip of the pinion and hit it with a hammer until it comes out

Team AMG
01-04-2005, 06:53 PM
yeah put vise grips on the pinion and holde so the pinion is facing up and stick a nail or needle etc. into the tip of the pinion and hit it with a hammer until it comes out

That'll mess the pinion teeth up really fast. The pinion is soft brass, there's two ways, you can either heat them up with the tip of a soldiering iron and slip it off or buy a pinion puller. I've been changing slot car press on pinions with a soldiering iron for more than 25 years, this works 90% of the time.

rice boi
01-09-2005, 11:28 AM

That'll mess the pinion teeth up really fast. The pinion is soft brass, there's two ways, you can either heat them up with the tip of a soldiering iron and slip it off or buy a pinion puller. I've been changing slot car press on pinions with a soldiering iron for more than 25 years, this works 90% of the time.

how do you use the soldering gun to dis pm me please need to know :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-?

Team AMG
01-09-2005, 12:26 PM
Allow the gun to heat up fully, once heated apply the tip of the soldiering gun to the BACK of the gear, away from the motor. it only takes a few seconds, no more than 15. With a pair of needle nose pliars push the gear off the shaft from the motor side, DO NOT GRAB THE GEAR, the heat will make it softer and easier to bend. This works best with the motor out of the car but secured with vice grips (gently).

Brickmodder
01-09-2005, 01:54 PM
can i use somtin else then the pinion puller to pull pinion out?

Yes.

nissan4life
01-09-2005, 04:42 PM
that soldering thing didn't work for 5H!T

Team AMG
01-09-2005, 08:52 PM
Works for me, I have a pretty hot gun and it works everytime.

drmodman
01-24-2005, 09:23 PM
how do you put a pinion on the motor do u jus push it?

skeeter
01-24-2005, 09:48 PM
I just take a sledge hammer and smack it ....lol...jk..just take the motor and hold it on something solid and take a small hammer and something to pertect the pinoin (piece of wood or leather) and tap it on but make sure you got the back of the motor shaft on something solid not the motor can or you might drive the hole shaft back insted of the pinion going on... :D