PDA

View Full Version : even the brits love ford!

mustanglover
10-13-2007, 05:22 PM
:) ok this is coming from a brit him self he love mustangs! he owns one of the bullet edition ( Steve mcqueen ). look at this they accept ford for what it really is!(bad *** cars).

to let you kno iam talking about the bullet ot the gt500. but the gt500 is still a kickass car.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MopDQYVW2JI&mode=related&search=

taiwanesekid05
10-13-2007, 05:24 PM
gt500 almost

mustanglover
10-13-2007, 05:26 PM
the gt500 cobra hit 180 so yea speed. i don't see ur civic having 475 hp out of production.
and ford and shelbys new lines are trying to make them like the old production line.

Sweed
10-13-2007, 05:27 PM
It's becuase it the fully-sup'd-up version.

If you compare a Mustang to a 3series BMW, the BMW gets more looks, and it's a BMW. It's the whole thing. The IS350 competes with teh 330, but it isn't a 330...

And, it's still a ford..

If you really want to get into it, A, as in ONE Brit likes A, as in ONE, Ford. Not all fords, just A Ford....

But Brittan only made a few good cars, so what do they have to say?

Nissanshift350
10-13-2007, 06:57 PM
Im gettin sick of seein posts saying "yea but its a ford"
I love ford and have been raised with ford my whole life and i have gm with a passion but i dont go around saying "ya but its still a gm" i respect what others like and if i dont have something nice to say then i say nothing.

SUPERSHELBY
10-13-2007, 07:21 PM
4.9 to 60mph my ***.....

Sweed
10-13-2007, 08:20 PM
I love ford and have been raised with ford my whole life and i have gm with a passion but i dont go around saying "ya but its still a gm" i respect what others like and if i dont have something nice to say then i say nothing.

It's still a Ford...

It doesn't matter, if it's a Bimmer, I'll just put:
"It's still just a BMW..."

REDisFASTER
10-13-2007, 08:56 PM

+1 Couldn't agree with you more.

If you want to amaze me with a car, give me some no-name car that I've never heard of before and then I might be amazed. It could be some 63HP 60's Euro car that I haven't heard of before, but if its pretty cool, interesting or tickles my fancy, then yeah, I'll be amazed...

If its a domestic car, cool. But Mustangs are so popular in day-to-day life that you're not even amazed by them anymore (unless you see a classic one every so often).

Sweed
10-13-2007, 09:03 PM
Here's on for yah, RED:

Honda AZ600L The start of the Honda (in cars in the US), and the the pre-Civic. Civic was made because American's thought this one was too "small". But honestly, you have more leg, body, arm, head room in this than a Escalade. You could have a 12-person-orgy in the back, that's how roomy it is.. Oh, and 50mpg, anyone?

http://www.honda600coupe.com/photos/drivers_side.jpg
http://thisoldhonda.org/pictures/dsc01173.jpg

REDisFASTER
10-13-2007, 09:26 PM
Isn't that the Z-Act in GT4?

Sweed
10-13-2007, 09:57 PM
Isn't that the Z-Act in GT4?

Don't know, I'm a Microsoft/Xbox guy. Long live Halo!

SUPERSHELBY
10-13-2007, 10:03 PM
Here's on for yah, RED:

Honda AZ600L The start of the Honda (in cars in the US), and the the pre-Civic. Civic was made because American's thought this one was too "small". But honestly, you have more leg, body, arm, head room in this than a Escalade. You could have a 12-person-orgy in the back, that's how roomy it is.. Oh, and 50mpg, anyone?

http://www.honda600coupe.com/photos/drivers_side.jpg
http://thisoldhonda.org/pictures/dsc01173.jpg

id rather push texans truck that drive that.....

texan_idiot25
10-13-2007, 10:48 PM
id rather push texans truck that drive that.....

You dont really need to push it any more. It runs.

The main things going against this car, is weight, the live axle, slightly too skinny tires, and aerodynamics. Shelby/Ford wants to push it as a supercar, especially with the KR. And the fact that unless you know what your looking at on the street, it almost blends in with the other bazillion Mustangs. Barely noticed one pass by the other day while driving, until I saw the hood vents. Come'on ford, make another knarly Cobra R looking beast.

Other than that, badass car.

he owns one of the bullet edition ( Steve mcqueen )

There isnt a "Buttit" edition Mustang, it is a GT 390. The Bullit is a GT390, not the other way around ;)

SUPERSHELBY
10-13-2007, 11:00 PM
You dont really need to push it any more. It runs.

i know but i mean if like it had no engine in it

texan_idiot25
10-13-2007, 11:13 PM
And I agree with you too :lol: Prolly fit that in the bed of my CST10

What I found interesting, is how (ricer's) quote "stone age" the Z06 is. Not only are push rods and leaf springs old, but transversely mounted leaf springs were also on the Model T. Yet it still is a world beating supercar...

Gotta love us crazy old school Americans!

Sweed
10-14-2007, 10:24 AM
And I agree with you too :lol: Prolly fit that in the bed of my CST10

Probably would...

No.. Yes.. Maybe.. My Dad's Civic won't fit in the bed of a pickup, so I don't know...