PDA

View Full Version : How about an xmodsource.com car?

THE EDJ
10-12-2007, 09:06 PM
I just had an idea and wanted to pass it by everyone here. I have been here for around a year now and have some lots of things come and go, learned a lot and built some cool projects. I think it's time to give back to site that keeps on giving. We have some very talented people here from every aspect of xmodding; electronics, mechanics, motors, and design. We have each built some incredible little machines on our own, but think about what we could build together. It would be an incredible project car and something that the site could use for promotion and as a general exhibition of how far xmodding has come over the past few years. I think the finished car should be given to our (quiet) head site administrator, or possibly auctioned off on ebay and the money donated to the site. Let me know what you guys think!

imnotmikal
10-12-2007, 09:14 PM
i think thats a great idea. and we could even get a new banner with the Xmodsource.com car on it.

WhiteMKIV
10-12-2007, 09:16 PM
Yeah, that sounds good! Who would supply the XMOD? I may be able to supply the body. But i cant spare out a chassy.

DRFTKO
10-12-2007, 09:21 PM
Sounds like a great idea imo; hard to accompish though. This could be a way to see Xmodification and Bondo team up to work on a project together (has been mentioned in the past, I think a lot would like to see this happen).:)

REDisFASTER
10-12-2007, 10:53 PM
Sounds like a great idea! RedSX could wind a motor, B1GDude does electronics, and XMODification+Bondo do body!

meme405
10-12-2007, 11:00 PM
that would be awesome...

but would it be a custom body or a standard xmod body...

BART
10-12-2007, 11:10 PM
Sounds like a great idea! RedSX could wind a motor, B1GDude does electronics, and XMODification+Bondo do body!

:cry:

mustanglover
10-13-2007, 12:05 AM
i got a gen 1 chassis laying around..

firebird999
10-13-2007, 08:50 AM
i'm in favor, but if we do that and it gets shipped to someone that destroys it, or drives and wrecks it, i mean, for that, they'd have to get banned or something, i mean, it's risky, and who knows, fordman could've recently rejoined and will keep it as revenge when it gets to him, and we'd need to post progress pics, or the next person in line will have no clue what he's modding, and someone's work could be covered by another person's.

i am in favor of this idea, but we just need very strict rules, sadly.

bondo
10-13-2007, 09:55 AM
pretty good idea and thanks for the nomination, makes me feel special:bigwink:

firebird is right though, if this is going to happen then it needs to have structure and be closely watched by the mods.
it's also going to be a project by the people for the people so everyone on the forum should have a say in how this thing works..

here's an idea or two:

make a nomination thread for the style of body, the chassis and who's going to work on it.
let everyone voice their opinions on what car it's going to be,how it's to be built and who should work on it.
let that go for a couple weeks and then tally up the nominations and put it to a vote.
if five builders work on the car then they are the only ones that touch it.
last person to have it when it's finished sends it off to boske to be used for a banner and/or sold.

there should also be restrictions on the builder nominations, something like 100 post requirement.

then you can also have a donations thread so if people want to help out then they could send parts to whoever has the car.
then when it's all said and done there would be a showcase thread stickied for the car with a list of everyone that contributed something.

what do you guys think?

mustanglover
10-13-2007, 10:53 AM
well i have a chassis so yea but its a gen1. i love this idea! and would love to help, we should find someing like a novak spy!

123Vette
10-13-2007, 10:58 AM
i think thats a great idea, you guys difeintly get started right away i got a few bodys i could donate

monsterhunter
10-13-2007, 11:16 AM
that is a really good idea get started on that real soon.

BlackSky909
10-13-2007, 11:31 AM
Im all for it.

Sweed
10-13-2007, 12:42 PM
IF this goes anywere, I have a EvoT Chassis I can donate. But it has to go the right people.

superinfinity
10-13-2007, 01:01 PM
I'm working on a custom BMW 320i body with fender flares and custom rims. I'll be happy to donate them. It's the old BMW 320i BTW, it looks really nice.

americanslide
10-13-2007, 01:04 PM
i know im new but iv worked on xmods for a long time i was probably the first person to do a welded diff on an xmod and id like to help out

Sweed
10-13-2007, 01:20 PM
i know im new but iv worked on xmods for a long time i was probably the first person to do a welded diff on an xmod and id like to help out

Welded Diff? Please elaborate.

americanslide
10-13-2007, 01:35 PM
ok most cars and all xmods have limited slip where the rear wheels spin the oppsite way not that great for drift so to elimanate this you weld the diff so both tires spin the same way ill post a thread in how to in a little bit

superinfinity
10-13-2007, 02:19 PM
no, people have been doing that for a long time, no need. we called it a locked diff. Everyone knows about them, no need to share. I think the 100 post thing should be eliminated. I think only trusted XMS modifiers should be allowed. lets be democratic and vote!

REDisFASTER
10-13-2007, 02:30 PM
:cry:

Ahh... My bad... I always get ZX9BART and B1GDude mixed up...

Sorry about that... Its something to do with the yellow in your avatars... (yellow shirt, yellow skyline...)

no, people have been doing that for a long time, no need. we called it a locked diff. Everyone knows about them, no need to share. I think the 100 post thing should be eliminated. I think only trusted XMS modifiers should be allowed. lets be democratic and vote!
+1

Sweed, I think he means JB Weld...

mini-z drift
10-13-2007, 02:41 PM
I have 2 gen1 chassis layin around and 2 supras in the mail(bodies, red and silver)

THE EDJ
10-13-2007, 03:29 PM
awesome, i'm glad to see theres a lot of interest in this, but like Bondo was saying, we're going to need a lot of structure. This project isn't going to be passed around to just anyone who wants to work on it. We need a dedicated build team of four to five people, and they should be the only people who actually work on the car, otherwise things get too complicated and difficult to keep under control. Everyone else can still help out though! This a project from the community, for the community, so donating USEFUL parts and ideas can still have you recognized as being part of the project. Everyone should have an opportunity to be involved.

Now that being said, we need to pick a team of people to look after this project. Two or three people to be "in charge" (I use this term loosely) of the project, to make the final (major) decisions on this project, coordinate what happens and when. Things like what generation of xmod, body style, electronics, that kind of thing. It's a good idea to take a vote on this stuff, and there will be a thread set up for that in the future, I want as many people's input as possible because we want this car to represent who we are as the premier online xmod community.

To one of the admins, just wondering if we could add a subforum somewhere to dedicate to this project, it would help keep things organized as far as the build is concerned. Thanks!

americanslide
10-13-2007, 09:57 PM
ok let me brak this down i took 2nd in the xrl tour in st.louis i own 9 xmods all of witch iv fully tunned im not a wana be or a ricer i offered my help and you just kicked me to the curb w/e im done with this i also think its pretty pathetic that half of you people have to lie about drifting real cars half of you probaby dont even know how towork on a real one

americanslide
10-13-2007, 10:00 PM
its not called locked its called welded plz dont try to use words from gt if you even know what that satands for

THE EDJ
10-13-2007, 10:06 PM
Buddy.

1) Don't double post.
2) I don't care how many xmods you have or how tuned they are or what experience you have. If you're going to be immature and take things out of proportion then we don't want your help. No one here called you stupid, criticized you, or tried to make you look bad. All anyone did was ask you to explain what you meant by "welded diff" and how its different than a traditional "locked diff". So get of that friggin soap box you're standing on and turn the arrogance down a notch. Thanks!
3) What the heck does drifting real cars have to do with anything in this thread? Stay on topic.

imnotmikal
10-13-2007, 10:07 PM
hey man, calm down, no one is tryin to make you feel bad, its just a simple as this. This will be a huge project, and we just think that it would be a lot better, safer, and efficient for people to work on it that we have seen what they can do, and they've been here a while and we know with out a doubt that they won't f*ck around with it and mess it up. so again, its just because we havn't seen what you can do, and most people that vote on this wont agree for a new member to work on it. so, no offense whould be taken from this thread.

and i have to agree, you going off like this is not going to make people agree with you working on it any.

americanslide
10-13-2007, 10:15 PM
im ssry iv just ben puttin up with alot of stuff and real drifting douse matter a fact all my friends use these cars to test new ideas for courses

THE EDJ
10-13-2007, 10:20 PM
im ssry iv just ben puttin up with alot of stuff and real drifting douse matter a fact all my friends use these cars to test new ideas for courses

if i can pick on you just a little more, please try to use properish grammar and spelling, took a few reads to figure out what you meant. It's cool that your friends use xmods to come up with course designs for real drift cars, but this isn't the thread to talk about that. That aside, I will agree, drifting does matter, I saw it for the first time in real life last night and ****, those guys are out of their minds.

imnotmikal
10-13-2007, 10:21 PM
i think what EDJ meant is that real drifting doesnt have anything to do with this perticular thread.

bondo
10-13-2007, 10:21 PM

but it doesnt matter a **** bit to the topic at hand.

dont let your personal life interfere with your actions here.
otherwise you'll end up like me with 4 i(rather embarassing)nfractions that dont expire.

let's put it this way, if i was for****,...i would have been brutally murdered by now...

americanslide
10-13-2007, 10:31 PM
thankss edj if you ever come out to st.louis ill give you a tour of our shop and take you for a slide in my s14

civic_guy
10-13-2007, 10:34 PM
thankss edj if you ever come out to st.louis ill give you a tour of our shop and take you for a slide in my s14

i wanna go sliding! :(

THE EDJ
10-13-2007, 10:34 PM
thanks, but lets get this thread back on topic, thanks all.

americanslide
10-13-2007, 10:37 PM
is it cool if i make a suggestion

snowboi1289
10-13-2007, 10:39 PM
thats a very good idea....

bondo
10-13-2007, 10:40 PM
is it cool if i make a suggestion

your a member so yea, just try to follow the guidlines,stay on topic an make sure your modifier nominations are trusted members.

americanslide
10-13-2007, 10:47 PM
ok well what i was thinking why not do a gen 1 that is conpleatly done up on the inside like make it do 60 and just do a light body kit and rims and a lowered suspension on the outside but make the paint pop

bondo
10-13-2007, 10:52 PM
ok well what i was thinking why not do a gen 1 that is conpleatly done up on the inside like make it do 60 and just do a light body kit and rims and a lowered suspension on the outside but make the paint pop

put that in the "lets get this ball rollin'" thread following the guidlines and its a possibility.
it's a great idea but it's all up to the general public as a whole.

americanslide
10-13-2007, 11:10 PM
i agree ill even donate a full car body chasie and eveything

BlackSky909
10-14-2007, 01:53 AM

Dude is this some type of joke? You cant even spell jackass, you want us to believe your older then 12? Get a life.

Anyways, who will get the car or have you guys decided what to do with it? I honestly think we should send it to Boske even though he doesnt do much on the site itself being he owns other forums aswell......

adamcrawls
10-14-2007, 08:48 AM
ok instead of just having g two people team up how about everyone make a car (who wants to) lets try to make it a custom xmod body we hold a contest and the mods pick the best

bondo
10-14-2007, 10:26 AM
Anyways, who will get the car or have you guys decided what to do with it? I honestly think we should send it to Boske even though he doesnt do much on the site itself being he owns other forums aswell......

well, we could give it to boske and let him do what he wants with it or we could do like sweed suggested and raffle it off among the forum.
i guess we should wait and see what boske thinks.
maybe we should ask the members what they would like to see done with it.

personally i think the best bet would be to make the forum banners and plaster it all over the home page and gallery,then auction it on ebay and use the proceeds to fund a monthly or bi-monthly comp with actual prizes.

adamcrawls ok instead of just having g two people team up how about everyone make a car (who wants to) lets try to make it a custom xmod body we hold a contest and the mods pick the best

there's too many people that want to contribute but cant afford to contribute a whole car. i know i cant....:uhoh:
were trying to get as many people as possible involved with this project to truly make it the forum car. even if it's only five builders doing the actual work, alot more people will have a chance to say they helped build it instead of choosing one car and leaving the other people stuck with an XMS car and no credit.

suicide_star
10-14-2007, 12:20 PM
ok let me brak this down i took 2nd in the xrl tour in st.louis i own 9 xmods all of witch iv fully tunned im not a wana be or a ricer i offered my help and you just kicked me to the curb w/e im done with this i also think its pretty pathetic that half of you people have to lie about drifting real cars half of you probaby dont even know how towork on a real one

LMFAO...i'll drift against your s14 with my blazer. ebrake on the floor ftw!

but back on topic...i think rather than all just pitching in on one project, we should make it a competition to see who can come up with what. like, possibly setting some guidelines to use when building the car. and if all goes well maybe using the winning XMS car in the forum's banner at the top of the page...just a thought though...

americanslide
10-14-2007, 12:58 PM
i know im gettin of topic but im not gonna let this kid talk ****
1st of all im 17 i was born in 1990 retard
2nd i drift not drag
3rd how in the hell are you gonna drift when your e brake is on the floor

bondo
10-14-2007, 12:59 PM
2nd i drift not drag

let it go guys.

THE EDJ
10-14-2007, 01:22 PM
2nd i drift not drag

for crying out loud. stay on topic. act like your 17 and stop taking things too far. watch the foul language. don't call people names, try to be more respectful. have you read the forum rules? it doesn't seem like it, maybe you need to take another look. any more of this crap and i'll be waving around my infraction stick. yeah, i just played that card. i don't give infractions ever, so you better understand how serious i am.

but back on topic...i think rather than all just pitching in on one project, we should make it a competition to see who can come up with what. like, possibly setting some guidelines to use when building the car. and if all goes well maybe using the winning XMS car in the forum's banner at the top of the page...just a thought though...

suicide_star don't instigate him, we're already having trouble keeping this under control, i know you're older so be a good example for the younger people on the forum.

DRFTKO
10-14-2007, 01:26 PM
well, we could give it to boske and let him do what he wants with it or we could do like sweed suggested and raffle it off among the forum.
i guess we should wait and see what boske thinks.
maybe we should ask the members what they would like to see done with it.

personally i think the best bet would be to make the forum banners and plaster it all over the home page and gallery,then auction it on ebay and use the proceeds to fund a monthly or bi-monthly comp with actual prizes.

there's too many people that want to contribute but cant afford to contribute a whole car. i know i cant....:uhoh:
were trying to get as many people as possible involved with this project to truly make it the forum car. even if it's only five builders doing the actual work, alot more people will have a chance to say they helped build it instead of choosing one car and leaving the other people stuck with an XMS car and no credit.

That sounds like a winning idea to me. How would we go about "raffling" the car off through the forum?

2nd i drift not drag

Both of you need to get on topic and take this worthless argument elsewhere.:mad:

superinfinity
10-14-2007, 01:49 PM
I got an idea. lets make a big multipile choice pole and we can vote on what we need to. examples: gen 1 or evo, truck or car, xmod body or custom body etc.
I think we should also have a donation thread were people can donate parts and cash. this would reduce clutter in other threads like this one and the other thread aobut the XMS car.

I also think we need a central build station where everyone can send stuff to. This would greatly reduce confusion and make a storng central power over the car, which we need. I think all this would make thing way easier.

P.S. Sorry guys, i have been writing government papers for school and i'm pretty good at it :lol:

xmodmaverick
10-14-2007, 01:55 PM
I don't know what everybody thinks of this, but here goes.

Do as bondo first suggested.

but, make the car a reward for a big ole contest, like member of the year, (not month, that's a ton of cash for every month), or something liek that. I could do a custom light kit for the body, with blinkers, and lights on the inside. Here's how I do the inside lights. I take this little dumpy truck of mine that I had when I was 2. Well, it has a pushy button on it. When you open the door, it hits the button, and makes the cab lights light up. I could just tear up the truck, get the electronics, and put it into the custom xmod! I am just writing down some ideas that pop into my head, I speak my mind no doubt.

RedSXmodder
10-14-2007, 02:05 PM
I'll donate the motor!

bondo
10-14-2007, 02:11 PM
i think this post can be closed now.
you people arent even reading anymore.
everything that is in the last 8 posts has been covered already.

THE EDJ
10-14-2007, 02:31 PM
I got an idea. lets make a big multipile choice pole and we can vote on what we need to. examples: gen 1 or evo, truck or car, xmod body or custom body etc.
I think we should also have a donation thread were people can donate parts and cash. this would reduce clutter in other threads like this one and the other thread aobut the XMS car.

I also think we need a central build station where everyone can send stuff to. This would greatly reduce confusion and make a storng central power over the car, which we need. I think all this would make thing way easier.

P.S. Sorry guys, i have been writing government papers for school and i'm pretty good at it :lol:

the multiple choice pole will come in time (two weeks from today, Oct 28.), but first we need to get some ideas about what to put in the multiple choice pole. thats what the "let get the ball rolling" thread is all about. once we have some ideas from the community, then we can get down to the task of figuring out what exactly it is we are going to build.

this thread can be closed now.

Numbchux
10-14-2007, 06:37 PM
I know this thread is closed.....but I feel this needs to be said. I just wish I'd seen it earlier to comment.

I think this is an awesome idea, BUT creates numerous opportunities for disaster! whether it be intentional or otherwise. from time-related stuff like if someone gets side tracked, and doesn't get their part done in a timely fashion. to if one guy doesn't agree with/like the mods done by another. to arguments as to what will become of the car after the fact.

it sounds like the ball is very much rolling on this one. it worries me immensely! and I REALLY don't want to have to try to sort it out if something goes wrong.