PDA

View Full Version : the GTA thread

firebird999
10-07-2007, 08:03 AM
i've noticed the occasional gta question come up, but they're always ignored. ask them here and it'll be answered shortly. this is also for discussion, cheats, walkthroughs, and unlockables.

TheXmodifyer
10-07-2007, 12:17 PM
heres a question...WHy the hell would you want to play a game like this?you run around in a gang killing people. Pointless! Terrible for the adolescent mind its teaching them its ok to do drugs and shoot people?This might be the most rediculous game ive ever seen.

jimmythekid1
10-07-2007, 12:24 PM
The GTA games all rock

xmodificationer
10-07-2007, 01:02 PM
yes they do rock. i really want a 360 now for IV

tayyab
10-07-2007, 01:06 PM
heres a question...WHy the hell would you want to play a game like this?you run around in a gang killing people. Pointless! Terrible for the adolescent mind its teaching them its ok to do drugs and shoot people?This might be the most rediculous game ive ever seen.

AMEN TO THAT!:nod:

texan_idiot25
10-07-2007, 02:06 PM

I guess you also grew up knowing that action movies are bad too.

You have, played them right? The main character doesnt do drugs, in any of them that I have played. In fact, in San Andres, the guys who get into drugs end up dying anyways. Cept for the hippy... On the list of bad things in the world, GTA is very low down. And the fact that parents have sued Rockstar, is what is truly ridiculous. Because they can't control what their kids buy, is 0 reason to sue the company. I encourage Rockstar to bring edgy games, I laugh at the anti-GTA groups and idiots with lawsuit. Video games are not just for kids, and GTA is for the adult crowd. Just like R, NC17, and X rated movies.

Funny story how VHS got so popular ;)

__________________________________________________ ________

Anyways, good timing, I just picked San Andres back up after a year hiatus. Last summer I finally sat down and beat it, then didnt mess with it too much. Just exploring right now.

How to steal a tank:
lPxI2TsMZCE

Infact, for all your GTA help needs for missions, check out http://gtamissions.com.

SUPERSHELBY
10-07-2007, 03:01 PM

quit your *****in....

dontspamme
10-07-2007, 03:01 PM
Thats a pretty good site you got there TI, but I still need help in San Andreas mission " Just business" and the one where you steal the sound van. In the vid, it says you need 2500 points but in my game it says 4000. So I'm a little confused.

texan_idiot25
10-07-2007, 03:04 PM
Thats a pretty good site you got there TI, but I still need help in San Andreas mission " Just business" and the one where you steal the sound van. In the vid, it says you need 2500 points but in my game it says 4000. So I'm a little confused.

Not my site, a buddy of mine from Boredom-Induced.com runs it. The video that I posted though, is mine.

Is this the one where you take the van to the beach and do a DDR type thing? Not sure on what mine was either, could be the difference between the game when it was initially released and the 2nd edition that came out after the whole hot coffee deal.

dontspamme
10-07-2007, 03:15 PM
Yea, mabye. and yea its the DDR type thing, it sucks because I cant seem to get passed 4000 points, 2500 is easy.

snowboi1289
10-07-2007, 04:00 PM

true,i playe it and the next day i was done,i beat it,its realy easy,and after i played it for a week,it got realy old..

TheXmodifyer
10-07-2007, 04:02 PM
[quote=texan_idiot25;123711]

You have, played them right? The main character doesnt do drugs, in any of them that I have played. In fact, in San Andres, the guys who get into drugs end up dying anyways. Cept for the hippy... On the list of bad things in the world, GTA is very low down. And the fact that parents have sued Rockstar, is what is truly ridiculous. Because they can't control what their kids buy, is 0 reason to sue the company. I encourage Rockstar to bring edgy games, I laugh at the anti-GTA groups and idiots with lawsuit. Video games are not just for kids, and GTA is for the adult crowd. Just like R, NC17, and X rated movies.

no i fricken love action miovies im allowed to watch what ever i want (not sick minded) but gta is just mean. running around and killing people isnt right but i agree people sueing rockstar are retarded cuz theyre the morons buyin the games for the kids. I just choose not to play the game

firebird999
10-07-2007, 04:42 PM
no i fricken love action miovies im allowed to watch what ever i want (not sick minded) but gta is just mean. running around and killing people isnt right but i agree people sueing rockstar are retarded cuz theyre the morons buyin the games for the kids. I just choose not to play the game

you're embarassing yourself. just quit checking this thread if it bothers you. i only play the game as a stress reliever. honestly, killing animated people can really help you feel better. plus, who could pass on a game involving cars?...and planes, boats, and trains...and motorcycles, golf carts, atvs and jet packs...and helicopters...and a guy...

texan_idiot25
10-07-2007, 07:05 PM
Look at it this way, this game is much like life.

Nothing forces you to go about killing innocent people. The game provides many legit ways to get cars, cash, guns, and other things. It is your choice to go murdering citizens. You can go the entire game just killing bad guys if you cared enough.

WhiteMKIV
10-07-2007, 07:09 PM
Does anyone mod it for pc? i moded mine and its not even the real GTA SA and the long night mod for Vice city is kickass, i also play SAMP

REDisFASTER
10-07-2007, 07:22 PM
To be honest, I agree with TheXmodifyer and snowboi1289. I don't understand all the hype in the GTA games. Kind of the same with NFS. I never figured why everyone likes them so much. IMHO, I find those games garbage (get ready for flame). They were too boring and slow-paced for me... I prefer the get it-get out type games where you do what you need to, get your reward, and go. Its probably why I never got past any of the first discs in the Final Fantasy series, it was too boring and too slow. Mind you, their story lines are incredible, but I just can't continue doing those repetitive walk around, do missions, fight monsters/bosses, stuff.

GTA, well, it offer a little more freedom, but I don't like the fact that you're under a time restraint. I want to do things at my own pace, only going faster when I'm in the mood, rather than when the game tells me to. There's too many switching of paces. If its going to be fast-paced, then start off fast and stay fast. If its going to be slow, then stay slow...

texan_idiot25
10-07-2007, 07:30 PM
Your not on any time constraints unless your in a mission. You can do what you want for as long as you want outside of missions.

WhiteMKIV
10-07-2007, 07:32 PM
To be honest, I agree with TheXmodifyer and snowboi1289. I don't understand all the hype in the GTA games. Kind of the same with NFS. I never figured why everyone likes them so much. IMHO, I find those games garbage (get ready for flame). They were too boring and slow-paced for me... I prefer the get it-get out type games where you do what you need to, get your reward, and go. Its probably why I never got past any of the first discs in the Final Fantasy series, it was too boring and too slow. Mind you, their story lines are incredible, but I just can't continue doing those repetitive walk around, do missions, fight monsters/bosses, stuff.

GTA, well, it offer a little more freedom, but I don't like the fact that you're under a time restraint. I want to do things at my own pace, only going faster when I'm in the mood, rather than when the game tells me to. There's too many switching of paces. If its going to be fast-paced, then start off fast and stay fast. If its going to be slow, then stay slow...

Yeah thats how GTA 5 is gonna be like, slow paced, do everything at your own pace. I personally cant wait for it to come out. I also heard that you can make your own choises to.

SUPERSHELBY
10-07-2007, 07:32 PM
i still remember when i 1st played GTA. the 1st GTA i played was san andreas....fell in love with it lol. i just blow up things and kill cops. 1 time i was trapped on this balcony and had the all weapons cheat on, and i had like 4 or 5 stars and the cops...they tried 2 shoot at me but i was at a spot where they missed. so i got had a pistol (i think) in my hand and just unloaded on the cops. 5 or 10 minutes of fun till they finally got a good shot and killed me.....good times, good times.....:)

xmodificationer
10-07-2007, 08:07 PM
im uploading pics but my fav ride is the sandking, mine is lifted and fwd:p

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w285/carcrazycorey/10-07-07_1953.jpg
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w285/carcrazycorey/10-07-07_1954.jpg
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w285/carcrazycorey/10-07-07_2000.jpg

firebird999
10-07-2007, 08:09 PM
i have an offroad turismo and stretch.

xmodificationer- it's not lifted, it's hydros in the raised position.

anyone-where exactly is the sandking?

WhiteMKIV
10-07-2007, 08:15 PM
Heres a pic of a car from my modded version :)
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c148/supragtr/gallery86-1.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c148/supragtr/gallery90.jpg

xmodificationer
10-07-2007, 08:39 PM
ahh you got me, in the restricted zone area and stuff look on your map for the snake twisting road and up at the top there is like satellites go through the gap in the fence and walk around and you will find it

imnotmikal
10-07-2007, 08:39 PM
i was running a modded verison of GTASA about 2 months ago, but had to uninstall for hard drive space. (yup im using up 60/70 gigs on my hard drive, so i need more... dont ask how im using that up...)

but anyway, in the modded version, i had a custom "GROVE N*GG*S" tattoo on his back. just not censored, and i had a '64 Impala to drive. nothing too special. i also had a escalade ext in it. (i had a ext, impala, rolls royce phantom and some other pimp cars in the Sims 2 also, but like GTA, i had to uninstall for disk space.)

texan_idiot25
10-07-2007, 09:44 PM
i have an offroad turismo and stretch.

xmodificationer- it's not lifted, it's hydros in the raised position.

anyone-where exactly is the sandking?

You can find it behind the giant satilite in the desert area

dontspamme
10-07-2007, 10:34 PM
I've finally passed mission 18 and 17, I went all the way up to mission 32 in like 2-3 Hours!!. Where exactly do you get those lift mods? I've took my turismo in there and it doesnt let me raise it. Can I lift the FBI rangers??

firebird999
10-08-2007, 07:17 AM
You can find it behind the giant satilite in the desert area
the big ear?
I've finally passed mission 18 and 17, I went all the way up to mission 32 in like 2-3 Hours!!. Where exactly do you get those lift mods? I've took my turismo in there and it doesnt let me raise it. Can I lift the FBI rangers??
get hydros and tap L3 (analog stick)

Donziikid
10-08-2007, 10:51 AM
I also never got the point behind the game, but, it's one fun game when you're bored! Talk about freedom where and when you want it.

But, my parents never let me play it/buy it. :lol:

texan_idiot25
10-08-2007, 11:18 AM
Depends which one you play. GTA III was that your fresh out of prison, and then sucked into the mafia, dunno, its been a very long time. Vice City was you were representing the Family in a major drug money exchange, when the FBI blow it up, and your stuck penniless in Vice City, working your way up and taking over the city and it's businesses. San Andres you come back from being in Liberty City (place setting of GTA III) for 6 years, to burry your mom, who was killed in a drive-by. You soon see things were'nt what you thought, and quickly go onto taking down the crack heads, corrupt cops, and all those who stand in your way.

All are pretty much rags to riches

live4luck14
10-08-2007, 11:35 AM
[quote=texan_idiot25;123711]

gta is the same thing as like any action movie like scarface and movies of that sort and gta rocks its the best it never gets old when u have cheats lol

REDisFASTER
10-08-2007, 12:59 PM
gta is the same thing as like any action movie like scarface and movies of that sort and gta rocks its the best it never gets old when u have cheats lol

First off, you still haven't learned anything about proper grammar and punctuation... Not even the basics...

Secondly, when you need to cheat in a game, your credibility goes down. Everyone knows, anyone who has to cheat in a video game is just so bad that they can't outsmart a piece of plastic...

Sweed
10-08-2007, 02:25 PM

Yes. It's rated M, for mature. You have to be 18 to buy it. Don't wan't your kids playing it? Take the game/system/controller from them. Don't want them playing it a friends house. Talk to thier parents...

Texan, VHS and DVD (and soon BlueRay) all became popular from a multi-millionare industry that we aren't allow to discuss on this board becuase of the immature kids. In two years, I'm starting a company in that area, so watch out. You know what they say about Sweden.

texan_idiot25
10-08-2007, 02:39 PM
That "business" is what made VHS popular. DVD and Blueray owe its success to the following success of VHS, not the other "business" ;)

Anyways, back to GTA

firebird999
10-10-2007, 08:05 AM
ok... i rly like this thread so i'm gonna keep it going. uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............... .....
so, who's heard of the glitch thing that vortexes can fly? i'ts fun.

WhiteMKIV
10-19-2007, 01:59 AM
I made a video, http://youtube.com/watch?v=kcjjC4ZH_4k

Dont watch from 4:16 the last min and a half is blank with the song playing.

firebird999
10-19-2007, 07:57 AM
:cry: :cry: lucky you. i got the ps2 one. i can't mod. gonna get vice city for pc tho.

WhiteMKIV
10-19-2007, 01:34 PM
:cry: :cry: lucky you. i got the ps2 one. i can't mod. gonna get vice city for pc tho.

If you do get vice city for pc, get the long night mod..... Its a zombie mod. back when i had vice city i had it....

snowboi1289
10-19-2007, 02:34 PM
im goin to buy san andreas on pc,how do i mod it ??im goin to look on yahoo and google but i want to get ur best opinions..

WhiteMKIV
10-19-2007, 02:55 PM
www.gta-worldmods.de thats a pc gta moding web site

imnotmikal
10-19-2007, 05:34 PM
hey WhiteMKIV, i downloaded some cars from there and to put it on the game, it says to open some file in IMGTool V2. where do i get IMGTool?

edit - nvm i found it.

DGK boy
10-19-2007, 06:10 PM
Does anyone know if i can download any GTA game for free?

imnotmikal
10-19-2007, 06:38 PM
illegally, yes. leagally, no. but since its illegal, there will be no discussion of this.

and also, i just loaded a Rolls Royce Phantom Limo on my game. :)

vietazndude
10-19-2007, 07:41 PM
illegally, yes. leagally, no. but since its illegal, there will be no discussion of this.

and also, i just loaded a Rolls Royce Phantom Limo on my game. :)
hey dude i have some cars i wana load in but where do you load them in?

WhiteMKIV
10-21-2007, 11:58 AM
you gotta have the PC version, and you got to have SAMI [ San Andreas Mod Installer] go here..... WWW.GTA-WORLDMODS.DE look in the tool section under San Andreas. If you need anymore help PM me

kidZim
10-21-2007, 09:35 PM

gtfo jack thompson

WhiteMKIV
10-21-2007, 09:38 PM
gtfo jack thompson

do you play SAMP kid zim?

jonathan911
10-21-2007, 10:22 PM
well i know where the hype comes from...where else can you do anything you want to.i played san andreas so much it dont work.you can do anything..i allways got the monster truck with allwheel steering and went rock climbing.lol

imnotmikal
10-23-2007, 06:57 PM
i added a bunch of cars into my game, but ive only messed with 2 of them. (cant seem to find the Lambo i added... hmmm... time for cheats. :P

Monster Chevy
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w136/ShadyRacing/chevymonster.jpg

Rolls Royce Limo
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w136/ShadyRacing/rollsroycelimo.jpg
after this pic, i added the version with a driver (you get in the back seat, and theres a driver in the front, but yours still the one in controll of the car.) picture of this later.

supraboi97
10-23-2007, 07:51 PM
That is the whole reason i wanted San Andreas for the pc was download custom cars still havent got it waiting got IV on the 360 and i heard it is harder to escape cops because every street is going to be named so it will be more challenging

WhiteMKIV
10-23-2007, 08:04 PM
That is the whole reason i wanted San Andreas for the pc was download custom cars still havent got it waiting got IV on the 360 and i heard it is harder to escape cops because every street is going to be named so it will be more challenging

Yeah OMG i cant wait for that to come out.

supraboi97
10-23-2007, 08:44 PM
it is going to be awesome i am hoping maybe being able to open the trunk and stash stuff there and thinking about getting the collectors edition but that is 90 bucks but comes with a lot of stuff cant decide but i hate how they had to delay it because of the ps3

WhiteMKIV
10-23-2007, 09:22 PM
it is going to be awesome i am hoping maybe being able to open the trunk and stash stuff there and thinking about getting the collectors edition but that is 90 bucks but comes with a lot of stuff cant decide but i hate how they had to delay it because of the ps3

**** that would be sick stashing stuff in the trunk, And i remember when they delayed Halo 2:evil: I went to the midnight mad-ness thing.......:bigwink:

supraboi97
10-23-2007, 09:45 PM
ya but this is a long delay it was suppose to come out October 16 but now is coming out March 3 just because the ps3 started having problems with it

firebird999
10-24-2007, 07:58 AM
ya but this is a long delay it was suppose to come out October 16 but now is coming out March 3 just because the ps3 started having problems with it

MARCH 3RD!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?! wtf, i'll be OLD then!!!!!!!