PDA

View Full Version : Saleen Extreme Heritage Ford GT colors

Nissanshift350
10-04-2007, 08:08 PM
Check this out. A Saleen Mustang Extreme with the Gulf paint job that the Ford GT40 had back in the day. One was sold on ebay for about 70 grand and u must own a GT just to purchase one. And so i figure well since i have a Ford GT xmod with this same paint job thats id paint my barricade xmod to match this. Tell me what you guys think thanks NS350

http://www.fordmustangfaqs.com/2007-saleen-extreme-given-heritage-colors.html

xmodificationer
10-04-2007, 08:11 PM
yea ive seen this, one because its in one guys sig, second because i saw one on ebay. yea but that looks sick. and you have to own a ford gt to buy one? wow

Sweed
10-04-2007, 08:27 PM
It's a ford.

texan_idiot25
10-04-2007, 08:39 PM
Its called a custom paint shop, you dont need to own a GT to get that done..

I think these came out a few years back, I know Ive seen it before some where.

Nissanshift350
10-04-2007, 08:46 PM
Its called a custom paint shop, you dont need to own a GT to get that done..

I think these came out a few years back, I know Ive seen it before some where.

In order to get a real one from saleen with numbers and all you need to own a GT. One painted in a custom shop would not be worth as much. And yes its a ford thats the best part

kungpow420
10-04-2007, 08:47 PM
are you seriously goin to paint your barricade like that if you did it would be awsome

texan_idiot25
10-04-2007, 08:57 PM
So what if its not worth as much, look at how much GT500 Clones and how much originals go for, these days its gettin marginal. Same will happen in 40 some-odd years when these roll up.

Plus, Mustang = hoon-moblile. If you garage it, you dont deserve it.

Ford... not the best part, they think they can make a super car out of a brick that has a solid axle and can only fit skinny tires.

Nissanshift350
10-04-2007, 09:07 PM
So what if its not worth as much, look at how much GT500 Clones and how much originals go for, these days its gettin marginal. Same will happen in 40 some-odd years when these roll up.

Ford... not the best part, they think they can make a super car out of a brick that has a solid axle and can only fit skinny tires.

Hey i didnt start this thread so u could bash on fords. So if u dont have anything nice to say dont say anything. I love ford and hate checy but i respect the fact that some guys love chevy so i dont diss on chevy.... And yes that is exactly how im paintin my barricade

Stampedekid
10-04-2007, 09:33 PM
blackstallion has it in his sig

SUPERSHELBY
10-04-2007, 09:36 PM

well if that "brick" (GT500) was about 6 or 7 hundred pounds lighter it would be real close 2 corvette territory....and idk about u but 285/40/18 aint skinny IMO.....

texan_idiot25
10-04-2007, 09:40 PM
Im talking more on the aerodynamic front, Shelby. And its a hefty car, but in the end, will never compete for the Z06's spot in it's current form. Maybe have a run at being a true high level sports car if they tossed IRS in and put it on a diet. Other wise its just a good ol american sports car, and thats what ford need to keep it at, not these supercar wanna-be iterations.

Nissanshift350-You must not understand the complement of being a hoon-mobile. :o

Nissanshift350
10-04-2007, 09:49 PM
blackstallion has it in his sig

Yeah i know thats where i got the info from

And i think its cool cause i had no idea how to paint my barricade and. I actually did wanna match the car in my sig but i figured that would be lame since i never saw a real one paonted that way. But now that i saw this whenever i find someone to do it im havin this be my paint sceme

Stampedekid
10-04-2007, 09:51 PM
Yeah i know thats where i got the info from

And i think its cool cause i had no idea how to paint my barricade and. I actually did wanna match the car in my sig but i figured that would be lame since i never saw a real one paonted that way. But now that i saw this whenever i find someone to do it im havin this be my paint sceme

well i saw a real ford gt painted like that, it was sweet, i got to sit in it!

SUPERSHELBY
10-04-2007, 09:53 PM
Im talking more on the aerodynamic front, Shelby. And its a hefty car, but in the end, will never compete for the Z06's spot in it's current form. Maybe have a run at being a true high level sports car if they tossed IRS in and put it on a diet. Other wise its just a good ol american sports car, and thats what ford need to keep it at, not these supercar wanna-be iterations.

Nissanshift350-You must not understand the complement of being a hoon-mobile. :o

the IRS would put that car well over 4000 pounds....its heavy enough as it is....

Nissanshift350
10-04-2007, 10:02 PM
well i saw a real ford gt painted like that, it was sweet, i got to sit in it!

**** i would crap my pants. Out of all my xmods my gulf ford GT would have to be my fav. I want a GT so bad but they r like 150 grand and have like a 2-3 year waiting list.

And texan no i dont get what u said i guess.

texan_idiot25
10-04-2007, 10:27 PM
-sigh-

In more recent times it has been used to describe any young male or female who drives in a manner which is anti-social towards the standards of modern day society. Generally, a hoon is any person who drives any vehicle dangerously and/or fast.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoon

Yugos and other various ****-boxes fall under hoon mobiles too (for wrecking), but they reach into the sports car range too. ;) RWD, power, the "traction control delete" button, all makes for some fun hooning in a mustang.

the IRS would put that car well over 4000 pounds....its heavy enough as it is....

IRS is in every single major sports car to date. Heavy? Not at all. Compare a large solid steel axle, to a few stamped steal components. Not only that, but if ford was smart, they would design it light ya know, not like the beefy explorer unit.

SUPERSHELBY
10-04-2007, 10:44 PM
true....they could design it with maybe carbon components.....

texan_idiot25
10-04-2007, 10:46 PM
Too expensive for Mustang. If anything, just tubular aluminum arms and stuff. But, the mustang is mass produced like nuts, so it would probably just go with stamped steel. With the Camaro and Challenger coming with IRS, the mustang will have to have it to compete in its next generation. With the top trim level Camaro expected to practically annihilate the GT500's specs, their gonna need it.

Nissanshift350
10-04-2007, 10:55 PM
That is good info and all but this is very off topic

texan_idiot25
10-04-2007, 11:12 PM
We are talking about the Mustang right?

Nissanshift350
10-04-2007, 11:30 PM
We are talking about the Mustang right?

The topic is about the paint job......

Numbchux
10-05-2007, 02:03 AM