PDA

View Full Version : v2 board

Nissanxmods
10-01-2007, 06:28 PM
are the v2 board good i may be interested in buying one

snowboi1289
10-01-2007, 07:02 PM
yea,i havnt had 1 yet but i know its very good for ur xmod..

texan_idiot25
10-01-2007, 07:04 PM
Try finding a spider turbo for cheaper than going straight for the V2. They seem to have a higher chance of burning up, otherwise they perform really well if that doesnt happen

Edit: OH NO! Snowboi is here...

snowboi1289
10-01-2007, 07:12 PM
Try finding a spider turbo for cheaper than going straight for the V2. They seem to have a higher chance of burning up, otherwise they perform really well if that doesnt happen

Edit: OH NO! Snowboi is here...

dude ive been here...

texan_idiot25
10-01-2007, 07:13 PM
And that is, indeed, a generally bad thing. And I havent seen you til just now.

snowboi1289
10-01-2007, 07:24 PM
talk to u in pm's...

Spoon_Tuner
10-05-2007, 09:31 AM
I am not a fan of V2.2 boards that much...
But if I had a choice of all the Electronic "turbo" power f.e.t board it would be the v2.2.

XMDrifter
10-05-2007, 10:33 AM
v2.2 as long as your board doesn't get screwed in the mail, is the KING of turbo boards

skylinedriver
10-05-2007, 08:38 PM
I have 2, one in my gen 1 and one in my EVO chassis. Haven't had a single problem with them.

live4luck14
10-20-2007, 05:03 AM
instead of a v2 and spending more money get a spider v3.3 cheaper and better!!!!

RedSXmodder
10-20-2007, 09:34 AM
instead of a v2 and spending more money get a spider v3.3 cheaper and better!!!!

Amen! And its smaller...

Later,
RedSXmodder

tayyab
10-21-2007, 05:40 AM
v2.2 as long as your board doesn't get screwed in the mail, is the KING of turbo boards
actually i think the stacked nelly is better(?)
but yeah i agree spider is cheaper, u can get one on XI here's the link:

http://www.xmodsinternational.com/USA_STORE_FRONT_SPIDEREXTERNALFETTURBO.htm

bondo
10-21-2007, 09:15 AM
actually i think the stacked nelly is better(?)
but yeah i agree spider is cheaper, u can get one on XI here's the link:

http://www.xmodsinternational.com/USA_STORE_FRONT_SPIDEREXTERNALFETTURBO.htm

the V2.2 is power regulated board and the nelly and spider are external fet stacks so the v2 is actually better. there is alot more potential that comes with the V2 over the externals such as being able to run 14.4V and you dont have to remove your fets to install it.

the biggest problem with nellies is that you cant find them anywhere.
the spiders are great and are a very good alternative to stacking fets on your ESC since the soldering is easier but if i was to build an uber chassis, i would go with the V2.2

tayyab
10-21-2007, 09:41 AM
the V2.2 is power regulated board and the nelly and spider are external fet stacks so the v2 is actually better. there is alot more potential that comes with the V2 over the externals such as being able to run 14.4V and you dont have to remove your fets to install it.

the biggest problem with nellies is that you cant find them anywhere.
the spiders are great and are a very good alternative to stacking fets on your ESC since the soldering is easier but if i was to build an uber chassis, i would go with the V2.2

wait, so your saying the nellies sre the best but u cant find them anymore? and that a v2.2 is the second best option, and its better than a v3? i think i get it, but is the V3 better than a stacked ep?
thats what i dont get

bondo
10-21-2007, 09:58 AM
wait, so your saying the nellies sre the best but u cant find them anymore? and that a v2.2 is the second best option, and its better than a v3? i think i get it, but is the V3 better than a stacked ep?
thats what i dont get

no, what i'm saying is the V2.2 is in a class all by itself.
if your looking for the ultimate then that's the way to go simply for the features.

the external stacks are pretty much the same except for the stacked nelly wich will allow more amps then the spiders or regular nelly.
the noly reason that i wouldnt get a nelly is because their not being made anymore and if they are, they are hard to find.

the spiders are readily available and pretty good bang for your buck.

as far as performance between a stacked ESC and an External board(nelly/spider), their pretty much the same thing depending on how high you stack your ESC.
the main difference is in the ease of installation.
stacking fets can be a bit of a challenge for someone like me who drinks coffee all day and smokes a pack of cigarrettes(lets face it,fets are pretty small and the leads are even smaller) but hooking up an external is pretty simple.

remove the stock fets,clean the traces,wire in the external,hook up your batts/motor and your done.

live4luck14
10-22-2007, 04:37 PM
So practiclly ur saying that there just better in there own ways neither of them is better than the oter one?

Sweed
10-22-2007, 04:41 PM
So practicly your saying that they're just better in there own way, and neither of them is better than the other one?

Yes.