PDA

View Full Version : Can you catch the irony in this picture?

texan_idiot25
09-28-2007, 01:09 AM
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e321/texan_idiot25/medium_1448267809_06ce5f9a61_o.jpg

You have until 9 pm tomorrow to find it. :nod:

DrIfToRDIe
09-28-2007, 01:34 AM
Theres a for f250 hauling it?

SUPERSHELBY
09-28-2007, 01:42 AM
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e321/texan_idiot25/medium_1448267809_06ce5f9a61_o.jpg

You have until 9 pm tomorrow to find it. :nod:

i already see.....

1. theres an american made truck pulling that trailor

2. where it says "We're here to race" they 4got 2 add "and lose"....it shoulda been "We're here to race and lose"

:lol:

noturday
09-28-2007, 01:45 AM
thats not an f250, thats a chevy silverado 2500 hd dually, and it doesnt seem to be squatting in the rear even with that massive trailer on it

jimmythekid1
09-28-2007, 07:05 AM
i already see.....

2. where it says "We're here to race" they 4got 2 add "and lose"....it shoulda been "We're here to race and lose"

actually Toyota is quite successfully in the truck races, And that maybe a 1 ton Chevy not a 3/4 ton

TheXmodifyer
09-28-2007, 07:27 AM
its a 2500 silverado dually...pulling a pos toyota lol i guess the racers finally figured out that chevy has balls and toyota dont

firebird999
09-28-2007, 08:05 AM
toyota can race, but on the road, you gotta have chevy.

Donziikid
09-28-2007, 09:09 AM
thats not an f250, thats a chevy silverado 2500 hd dually, and it doesnt seem to be squatting in the rear even with that massive trailer on it

It's a fifth wheel. Fifth wheel trailers are supposed to spread the weight evenly between the front and rear axle of the hauler, plus since it's a tri-axle trailer it's meant to spread that weight even more. It doesn't really matter the make of the truck, it wouldn't be dragging its butt anyway.

Plus, it probably has a 3in. lift in the rear. Possibly even in the front. Most of those trucks were recomended to get a little lift in them. Our F-350 had to get a lift in the front because that V10 Triton puts that nose into the ground when under power. :lol:

But, that's not ironicy..A toyota truck wouldn't be able to even pull that trailer without a load, let alone with a load. They needed a real truck. Not one that can drive over old bridges, and brake in 70ft. It's a truck...not a sports car. :lol:

redrkt
09-28-2007, 09:27 AM
Obviously none of you have driven the new Tundra yet. or even watched the commercials for them.

besides the fact that Toyota is leading the NCTS in points and has the winningest record since coming into Nascar, the new Tundra can pull a drawbar weight of 10,000#'s or more.

Toyota did their homework when they reworked the Tundra and it is one hell of a good truck now. Besides that you NEVER hear about their people walking out on strike because the Government is doing enough to support them (full insurance and $50/hr isn't enough for them) But that is another topic.

THE EDJ
09-28-2007, 04:47 PM
toyota only makes a half ton truck, and you can't pull that kind of load with a half ton, so you need something bigger, which is where that, what i believe, is a chevy 3500 HD Dually comes in. i doubt its a 2500 because, as far as I know, they don't come in a dually option.

Sweed
09-28-2007, 05:04 PM
You guys expect a compact car (and some sports) car maker to make a big truck? LMAO, the only good car Ford currently has is the F150, and that's a truck. Americans build pick-ups to drive to work, Japan has teleportation (and who know's what else), us europeans WALK.

taiwanesekid05
09-28-2007, 07:00 PM
chevy truck, toyota trailor.

Mugen_tom
09-28-2007, 07:26 PM
LOL the truck pulling the trailer with "TOYOTA" (suposedly housing Toyota racers) isn't even a Toyota make at all. I can't make out the picture on the trailer but those truck racers probably aren't made by Toyota either.

monsterhunter
09-28-2007, 08:23 PM
its what i belive a dodge 3500 pullin a pos toyota trailer. what ironey

taiwanesekid05
09-28-2007, 08:26 PM
hey texan, it's already 9:00 pm. in prince edwards island, canada.

texan_idiot25
09-28-2007, 10:12 PM
Its a Chevy Silverado 3500 HD pulling the Toyota Tundra's racing team trailer, at the Texas State fair. :lol:

Oh the irony. Embarrassment.

As for truck racing, brands are pretty void, their all spec racers. Just like NASCAR

THE EDJ
09-28-2007, 11:21 PM
Its a Chevy Silverado 3500 HD pulling the Toyota Tundra's racing team trailer, at the Texas State fair. :lol:

Oh the irony. Embarrassment.

As for truck racing, brands are pretty void, their all spec racers. Just like NASCAR

maybe toyota doesn't make a truck capable of towing that kind of load, but at least they have good taste for picking a truck that can. GM for the win

texan_idiot25
09-28-2007, 11:31 PM
Oh but it can save a falling cargo box, out race a closing steel door, and surely can survive a gigantic see-saw. But it can't tow large trailors, tis' ashame Toyota.

Good tastes, amen. :nod:

Numbchux
09-29-2007, 12:57 AM
toyota only makes a half ton truck, and you can't pull that kind of load with a half ton, so you need something bigger, which is where that, what i believe, is a chevy 3500 HD Dually comes in. i doubt its a 2500 because, as far as I know, they don't come in a dually option.

ding ding ding! we have a winner.

and, once again, texan's arguments are completely irrelevant :nod:

THE EDJ
09-29-2007, 01:49 AM

haha, i guess its better to shut your mouth and let people think you're idiot than to open your mouth and prove it ;) haha, i'm only kidding texan, you're a good chap i just couldnt help myself

xmodsnut
09-29-2007, 02:46 AM
Obviously none of you have driven the new Tundra yet. or even watched the commercials for them.

besides the fact that Toyota is leading the NCTS in points and has the winningest record since coming into Nascar, the new Tundra can pull a drawbar weight of 10,000#'s or more.

Toyota did their homework when they reworked the Tundra and it is one hell of a good truck now. Besides that you NEVER hear about their people walking out on strike because the Government is doing enough to support them (full insurance and $50/hr isn't enough for them) But that is another topic.

toyota makes a POS tundra and in all the ford F150 Vs chevy silverado Vs toyota tundra the tundra when going over the simulated washboard road had the most frame movement and even serious paint damage between the cab and bed. toyota is an ahole of a company also. I used to work in a plant that makes car mats and when it went into bankruptcy they abandoned us.

redrkt
09-29-2007, 07:21 AM
toyota makes a POS tundra and in all the ford F150 Vs chevy silverado Vs toyota tundra the tundra when going over the simulated washboard road had the most frame movement and even serious paint damage between the cab and bed. toyota is an ahole of a company also. I used to work in a plant that makes car mats and when it went into bankruptcy they abandoned us.

And this has WHAT to do with Toyota? were they supposed to bail the company out? Welcome to the real world!
I am sure that Toyota wasn't their only customer, so to lay the blame on one company is completely BS! Try laying the blame on the owner of the company for not knowing how to run the company and make money. (I bet it was probably a "UNION" shop too wasn't it?)

Oh but it can save a falling cargo box, out race a closing steel door, and surely can survive a gigantic see-saw. But it can't tow large trailors, tis' ashame Toyota.

hmmmm so pulling 10,000#'s with a frame-mount hitch isn't pulling a large trailor?
Hey Texan I would love to see your "CST/10" do any of those things!
BTW they had a show on TLC a couple of weeks ago showing how that commercial was made with the container, and yes the truck DID pull that 6400# container up over the edge.

I just wonder what some of you are going to be like when you grow up and start having to interact with the grownup world.

jimmythekid1
09-29-2007, 09:30 AM
actually Toyota is quite successfully in the truck races, And that maybe a 1 ton Chevy not a 3/4 ton

ding ding ding! we have a winner.

Actually I am the winner, however I did say maybe.

redrkt
09-29-2007, 10:11 AM

That's funny!, My dad pulls a 35ft. fifth wheel camper and (either a snowmobile trailer or a 4 wheeler trailer) with his Sierra 1/2ton 4x4 all the time.
We have a couple of the new Tundras at work and they pull gooseneck and fifth wheel trailers with oilfield equipment on them weighing almost 6 ton all the time.
So saying that a 1/2 ton truck could not pull that kind of weight is pretty ridiculous.

jimmythekid1
09-29-2007, 10:26 AM
It's not that you can't you just shouldn't thats what 3/4 and 1 tons are for. Less wear on the chassis, beefier transmissions, beefier rear ends, towing gear ratios, towing a fifth wheel is a lot less work on 3/4 or 1 ton.

Just because you can put a hitch on a Buick park avenue does not mean you should pull a pop up behind it. I have seen it.

Numbchux
09-29-2007, 12:41 PM
That's funny!, My dad pulls a 35ft. fifth wheel camper and (either a snowmobile trailer or a 4 wheeler trailer) with his Sierra 1/2ton 4x4 all the time.
We have a couple of the new Tundras at work and they pull gooseneck and fifth wheel trailers with oilfield equipment on them weighing almost 6 ton all the time.
So saying that a 1/2 ton truck could not pull that kind of weight is pretty ridiculous.

poor trucks. what did they ever do to you?

and no, jimmy, you do not win, because you didn't point out why the toyota team is using a chevy.

what's ironic, is how the Ford plant in St. Paul (while it was still open) used Chevy half ton trucks to plow the lot in the winter. "when it really matters, use something else" as my uncle says. Ford makes 1/2 ton trucks, but apparently they decided that it was worth paying full price for a Chevy......

that gigantic race trailer, with 2 nascar trucks, tools, probably a couple engines, dozens of tires and wheels, etc. etc. etc. would crush a 1/2 ton PU like a pop can. and would send a 3/4 ton to an early grave.

texan_idiot25
09-29-2007, 02:52 PM
Uhm, you can do math, right? 6 tons = 12,000 lbs. Way beyond the limit of the Toyota. Tow ratings now days mean 10,000 lbs including the truck's wieght. I doubt the Toyota will pull a trailer that weighs 10k.

And then you compare a 38 year old truck with a modern one, lmfao. Wow. NIIIIICE job there buddy, nice job. Never once have I said my truck is a tow truck. But to be honest, the C-series pick up in their many configurations could easily out tow this.

I want to see your little Dakota pull anything near that as well.

jimmythekid1
09-29-2007, 06:36 PM
poor trucks. what did they ever do to you?

and no, jimmy, you do not win, because you didn't point out why the toyota team is using a chevy.

what's ironic, is how the Ford plant in St. Paul (while it was still open) used Chevy half ton trucks to plow the lot in the winter. "when it really matters, use something else" as my uncle says. Ford makes 1/2 ton trucks, but apparently they decided that it was worth paying full price for a Chevy......

that gigantic race trailer, with 2 nascar trucks, tools, probably a couple engines, dozens of tires and wheels, etc. etc. etc. would crush a 1/2 ton PU like a pop can. and would send a 3/4 ton to an early grave.

accually I think tex gets to pick the winner?

snowboi1289
09-29-2007, 08:28 PM
i wonder who is the winner ???

xmodsnut
09-29-2007, 09:39 PM
[QUOTE=redrkt;122713]And this has WHAT to do with Toyota? were they supposed to bail the company out? Welcome to the real world!
I am sure that Toyota wasn't their only customer, so to lay the blame on one company is completely BS! Try laying the blame on the owner of the company for not knowing how to run the company and make money. (I bet it was probably a "UNION" shop too wasn't it?)

no the shop was non union we hated unions. the owner was a moron who cooked the books. toyota left and the domestics stayed says alot about their faith in a company they have been doing business with for the past 15 years.

texan_idiot25
09-29-2007, 11:08 PM
It wasnt for much of a contest. :lol:

But I guess super-dooper-shelby since he was 1st to get the entire thing..

i already see.....

tommygreen23
10-24-2007, 10:49 PM
My dad had a 05' 3500 dually with the 6.8L duramax. That thing was something else! It was a dully and it could **** near peel out. And when it was raining, Oh my friggen gawd! You haven't ridden in a car till you've been sideways in a truck that weighs 5000 pounds :lol: