PDA

View Full Version : Micro-T Limits?

Sweed
09-24-2007, 06:24 PM
Do any of you know if a Micro-T Board can take 7.4 volts and a Yellow Gen1 Motor with out the FET's going? Anyone know were I can get FET's to upgrade my Micro-T EP with?

c1v1c
09-24-2007, 06:28 PM
I dunno about that but i've seen on XI that the spider v3.0 can be install on a micro-t
heres the link:http://xmodsinternational.com/USA_STORE_FRONT_SPIDEREXTERNALFETTURBO.htm

xmodificationer
09-24-2007, 07:36 PM
i think the micro doesnt handle more than 4.8 volts, im not positive but that seems about right

RedSXmodder
09-24-2007, 07:40 PM
Also, does anyone happen to know the motor wind limits? Sorry to jack sweed, but buissness is buissness, lol...

Later,
RedSXmodder

xmodificationer
09-24-2007, 07:42 PM
idk, it cant handle what an xmods could...

c1v1c
09-24-2007, 07:50 PM
That dosent help pretty much we wanna know how much amp.

Sweed
09-24-2007, 08:12 PM
i think the micro doesnt handle more than 4.8 volts, im not positive but that seems about right

I takes 7.2, there is a Li-Poly Kit from Losi for it... And it does take more than a xmod in terms of amps, but 7.2v is gonna push it, so I had to gear it consveratively...

idk, it cant handle what an xmods could...

Yes, it can. I think I read more...

Also, does anyone happen to know the motor wind limits? Sorry to jack sweed, but buissness is buissness, lol...

No it's fine, I need that anyways, you know, so you can wind me a motor at some point.. Turn limit gives you a good idea of amp limit as well, right?

xmodificationer
09-24-2007, 08:35 PM
I takes 7.2, there is a Li-Poly Kit from Losi for it... And it does take more than a xmod in terms of amps, but 7.2v is gonna push it, so I had to gear it consveratively...

Yes, it can. I think I read more...

No it's fine, I need that anyways, you know, so you can wind me a motor at some point.. Turn limit gives you a good idea of amp limit as well, right?

what exactly are you doing with it?

Sweed
09-24-2007, 08:39 PM
what exactly are you doing with it?

Ever care to read?
http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9098

BART
09-24-2007, 09:15 PM
Turn limit gives you a good idea of amp limit as well, right?

Yes...less turns will draw more amps so they go hand in hand. Everyone always talks about voltage limits when in reality voltage does no damage (to a point), it's the excess current draw which fries stuff.

RedSXmodder
09-24-2007, 09:49 PM
Yes...less turns will draw more amps so they go hand in hand. Everyone always talks about voltage limits when in reality voltage does no damage (to a point), it's the excess current draw which fries stuff.

Righto!

I don't have a amp meter (as of now, I have one coming) so I base my motors purely off windcount. The thing you have to take into consideration though, is when the motor is put under stress, such as gear binding, or other things that prevent the motor from running freely. This is what causes a rise in amp draw, and in turn, fry's your FETs.

None of the questions have been answered thus far, and I think the only way to solve these questions is if someone does some actual testing.

Later,
RedSXmodder

jimmythekid1
09-24-2007, 09:53 PM
AMPS=volts/resistance

find the peak maximum amps for the board. Then measure the resistance(ohms) of the motor you want to use. Then you will know how many amps the motor will draw. Remember resistance lowers with heat, raises with cold.

hope that helps

Donziikid
09-24-2007, 09:58 PM
Righto!

I don't have a amp meter (as of now, I have one coming) so I base my motors purely off windcount. The thing you have to take into consideration though, is when the motor is put under stress, such as gear binding, or other things that prevent the motor from running freely. This is what causes a rise in amp draw, and in turn, fry's your FETs.

None of the questions have been answered thus far, and I think the only way to solve these questions is if someone does some actual testing.

Later,
RedSXmodder

Most common voltmeters come with an Ohms/Amp setting. How old is yours? Lol.

RedSXmodder
09-24-2007, 10:05 PM
Ancient, and broken, lol. I accidently set the soldering iron on it a month ago, lol...

Fleet Farm should have one, eh?

Later,
RedSXmodder

Sweed
09-25-2007, 07:08 AM
I'll try when we got home. If it fries, Spider v3 time!