PDA

View Full Version : Gen.1 help

dr1ftGTR
09-22-2007, 06:12 PM
I recently wired my gen.1 board for a pro-kit and found that my cells were messed up. I hadn't used them in a while and i guess they dropped below that safe vol. rating of 3.0. So I hooked up the standard four cell batts again and my car seems sluggish. Any idea what happened? I'm going to go and try a new motor now, hope nothing got screwed in the electronics.

dontspamme
09-22-2007, 06:42 PM
I'm not too sure whats wrong with it, but I guess you have experienced liths too much that you think that stock is wayyy too slow. It's just like, when you drive a a Toyota Pruis to begin with for 6 monthes and then you drive a Buggati or something, for like 6 monthes and then after that you go into a Toyota Pruis again and feel like its slower then before.

dr1ftGTR
09-23-2007, 01:53 PM
i haven't driven the car with liths for about a year since the ep got all screwed. i just put the prokit on a new ep.
Plus I have two evos that run on the stock 4cell setup and they are much faster

dontspamme
09-23-2007, 01:57 PM
Hmm, then check over your EP see if anything got burnt by the solder or anything looks out of place. Also check if theres anything binding in the chassis. Also check try taking off your wheels and see if theres anything in there

darkendblades
09-23-2007, 04:33 PM
oh man no way you burnt the ep i sold you, wow that one was almost NIB. but hmm ok. i dont believe that the dead liths would have fried it and i dont see how unless you touched something that your not supose to with one of the liths wires but yeah like jonathan said just look at the EP and see if anything looks fried.

RedSXmodder
09-23-2007, 05:04 PM
The dead liths could have damaged the board.

I don't know what to say about the 4cell slug, but check to see if anything is binding, check for a broken bearing, or carpet strands binding the axels.

Later,
RedSXmodder

dr1ftGTR
09-24-2007, 08:13 AM
well i haven't had much time to look into the problem, but i pulled out the motor and ran it through the car, just while it wasn't on the gear and it runs fine, so i'm guessing that there is some kind of binding somewhere because it is when the motor is in the car and when i put it on the ground that it seems slow if i hold the wheels off of the ground it runs fine, so i'll have to look into that a little later

tayyab
09-24-2007, 01:20 PM
oh man no way you burnt the ep i sold you, wow that one was almost NIB. but hmm ok. i dont believe that the dead liths would have fried it and i dont see how unless you touched something that your not supose to with one of the liths wires but yeah like jonathan said just look at the EP and see if anything looks fried.

do u have anymore EP's? i need 2
prolly something binding in the gears take it apart and put it back together

dr1ftGTR
09-25-2007, 04:31 PM
ok so yesterday i replaced the dumper and reinstalled the rear drivetrain. I didn't see any broken bearings and I'm only running the stock nylon ones. There is a loose one up front. Is it possible that i've worn these bearings down and need to replace them all? I'm going to fully take apart the rear drivetrain either tonight or tomarrow and will see what happens next.

darkendblades
09-25-2007, 09:25 PM
do u have anymore EP's? i need 2
prolly something binding in the gears take it apart and put it back together

are you in need of evo eps or gen1 eps let me know in a pm ok

live4luck14
09-26-2007, 03:19 PM
maybe one of the batery wirs isnt totally soldered in maybe there a piece or metal wiring not connected in which slowing ur car down its happened 2 me and thats how i fixed it hope it works 4 u : )

darkendblades
09-26-2007, 03:25 PM
replace all your nylon bearings and your diff cups if they are worn down alot then thats the reason. but it could also be that your motor isn't fully screwed down that has been a problem for me for quiet some time lol