PDA

View Full Version : gen1 with stacked fets, lipo......servo twitch??

liquid134
09-21-2007, 03:37 AM
well i tore apart my gen 1 and hooked up leads and such to run a lipo pack. put it all back together, was a pain to get the servo in, and hooked it up and ran it, (all on video that ill post tomorrow) and no problems. was drivin it, and it seemed to twitch with the servo, and it would also sound like it was binding, even after i stopped turning (get the idea??) did i maybe short out a wire, cuz we all know those wires are small and even just a tad too much will mess them up, or wat else could it be? thanks, vidz and pics up tomorrow.!

RedSXmodder
09-21-2007, 06:57 PM
When you increase the voltage going through the car (I assume your using a 7.4v system) the servo twitches and is jitterey because of the increased voltage.

Its a common problem. IDK what to do about it, I'm sure ZX9 has the answer to that one though...

Later,
RedSXmodder

BART
09-21-2007, 07:32 PM
No real answer here...at least nothing red hasnt come up with. The problem as he stated is excess voltage...maybe 2 resistors could be used in series on each of the servo positive wires to drop the voltage seen by the servo???

RedSXmodder
09-21-2007, 11:17 PM
How about bigger motor wire in the servo arm? There isn't a way to do much about the problem without upgrading the servo motor.

The resistor idea wouldn't be bad, it should work, but maybe even a tiny lightbulb hooked up to the servo wires would bring the voltage down...

Later,
RedSXmodder

THE EDJ
09-22-2007, 12:11 AM
i'm pretty sure the tight turns kit should fix that up, i have that problem too, but just haven't installed the tight turns yet

Donziikid
09-23-2007, 08:54 PM
How about bigger motor wire in the servo arm? There isn't a way to do much about the problem without upgrading the servo motor.

The resistor idea wouldn't be bad, it should work, but maybe even a tiny lightbulb hooked up to the servo wires would bring the voltage down...

Later,
RedSXmodder

Bigger motor wire would let the same amount of voltage through, but just with a little less resistance. (It'd probably twitch more than with a smaller wire.)

A light bulb would take too much voltage. Most small LEDs (take 3mm for example) have to run anywhere from 3-5volts. If you shove that in on a 7.4v circuit (or whatever amount runs to the servo motor, haven't tested and don't have the time to test it) it would just blow the LEDs, or draw too much power making the servo motor weaker.

As ZX9RBART has said, resistors on the positive/negative terminals would be the best bet.