PDA

View Full Version : 5-th cell

xmodzracer
09-13-2007, 08:31 AM
So about how long can an xmod truck last if its running a five cell minus the fet upgrade? I havent attached the battery to the others but i put it between the motor and the place where you connect the motor wires to teh board. reverse doesnt work but i dont want to go out and try it too hard and fry something.

BART
09-13-2007, 09:38 AM
So about how long can an xmod truck last if its running a five cell minus the fet upgrade? I havent attached the battery to the others but i put it between the motor and the place where you connect the motor wires to teh board. reverse doesnt work but i dont want to go out and try it too hard and fry something.

The way you have it wired it should be a fireball in no time. If you wire it up correctly (search) it should last forever...my lancer and my sons hummer have 6 cells on stock fets with no problems.

Nissanshift350
09-13-2007, 09:59 AM
you have no reverse because u wired it straight to the motor wich is not good. the fith cell should be aded in line with the other 4 cells.

jollyboss
09-13-2007, 11:21 AM
I'm having some trouble with my 5-cell setup:
I'm using stage 2 motor on EVO eb,and the motor really ate one of my cell,dropping its voltage at 0,08V..how can I solve this?
And how did you put a 6 cell?I've built my lithum setup(so same voltage of 6 cells) and EB went under protection...

TheB1GDude
09-13-2007, 01:17 PM
OK guys first of all you really should be searching for existing tutorials on how to correctly wire up 5 / 6 cell configurations, there are a bunch in the How To section of the forum otherwise this is a great vendor one to refer to:

http://www.geocities.com/cjoe8090/EVO_5AND6_CELL_PART1.html?1129450574375

This guy sells some nice kits on eBay.

Second of all if you can't find what you are looking for then you really need to clarify what you are saying - I found both questions a little confusing to follow.

Finally you can get away with 5 / 6 cell upgrades on both gen1 and evo cars without upgrading the FET's but anything more than that and your asking for trouble!! Check out this video from my earlier XMODS days when I put an 8-cell upgrade on a gen1:

LaLYeUG1hpk

This car was amazingly fast (52KMH = 32.3MPH which is pretty quick for an RS Stage 2 motor) but the amount of power I was putting into it basically melted the board!

Now I just use LITHs they are much more fun, save on the weight and look cooler!

jollyboss
09-13-2007, 04:05 PM
I've wired the 5th cell correctly...without the dean plug but simply soldering the cell holder,in correct wiring setup.
Probably I've bad charged the RS batteries,and the motor drew more amps of whic the cells were capable.
I'll chek and let you know...mayby I'll try with some more C-rated batteries(sanyo ro GP should work).

xmodzracer
09-13-2007, 06:50 PM
update:

ok i see what you mean about the inline wiring im just not too good with a soldering iron so i might find a way to rig it. ill try the other method i was just making sure that i didnt totaly fry it.