PDA

View Full Version : Airsoft

xmodspazo
01-01-2005, 02:43 AM
airsoft is way better then paintball !! :dblfin:

BlackSky909
01-01-2005, 03:24 AM
My *** airsoft is betetr then paintball airsoft isnt even a sport taht was some crap someone made up. Give me a greak :****ed: :redfin: :dblfin: :****ed: :redfin: :dblfin:

lionheart
01-01-2005, 03:41 AM
paint ball is waaaaay!!!!!! better

one sugestion dont go shooten your airsoft at moving cars at 9 o clock at night

"long story cops were involved" :nodno: :nodno: :(

BlackSky909
01-01-2005, 04:24 AM
hehe I did taht before with the paintabll guns in broad daylight shooting cars form like big *** weeds with snakes and crap in them u couldnt see us bu then this slow *** U-Haul truck wa s passing by and WOW! MY eyes lite up I was like here we go and all u hear in bang bang bang ban gabang bang me and my friends tagged that crap up. And then some gut comes out and like cmon u *****es! face me like a man dont just hide!! well he came in there looking for us we were running like hell we were laughing so hard cause he barely spoke eniglish1 lmao taht was the best day ever

deerman270
01-01-2005, 12:36 PM
airsoft is alright for indoors

Team AMG
01-06-2005, 07:15 PM
We have over 200 airsoft players here in the Fresno area, we play on 11 acres of land with buildings and woods and lakes. We are a highly organized group and take our airsoft seriously. Airsoft players HAVE to be more honest than paintball players because there's no marking when you get shot. Sure, we get cheaters but not very often, we take care of our own.

I have a Tokyo Marui SR16 with an M203 gernade launcher, red dot scope and upgrades that bring it up to over 400 fps. I also have several other gas blow back pistols, and over $5000 invested in my gear, including night vision and laser designators, most of it milspec.

Airsoft is a MULTI BILLION DOLLAR industry, it's WORLDWIDE and we have several national tournement all over the US. Paintball is bigger in parts of the country but to say airsoft isn't any better than paintball is just ignorant, you obviously know nothing of the sport. To use any airsoft or paintball gun for tagging or assault is equally ignorant and gives a bad name to both paintballers and airsofters, and it's guys like that that will eventually ruin both sports for everyone. As a former attorney and prosecutor I have put many more paintballers in jail for assaults with their weapons than airsofters, and the airsoft weapons are more realistic looking. I'm amazed that you'd even post something like that here, you can be arrested for that as a criminal act and prosecuted, it seems to me that encouraging that kind of action should violate the Terms of Service for this forum, but maybe not. Think a little more next time.

BTW, my airsoft site is http://home.earthlink.net/~opdetalpha/ if you're interested in seeing what an organized airsoft team is all about.

cole
01-06-2005, 08:00 PM
I myself think paintball is better, one reason being that a good paintball gun runs about $80 - $100 which is affordable to anyone serious enough to get shot. Now as far as the price of paintball to the bbs you use in airsoft, i have no idea but I'm sure airsoft is cheaper there. The main reason i think paintball is better is because i play paintball ( LOL ) Here in W.V. paintball is way bigger than airsoft there is only one place I know of that u can play airsoft. During the summers me and my friends get together and play paintball in the woods on our own, and anyone is welcome we supply the air all u need is a gun mask and paint and sometimes we will loan that to you. My gun is a Spyder Sonix, its a cheap gun but its amazing how well it shoots.

Team AMG
01-06-2005, 08:20 PM
Paintball is much less expensive, that's what makes it more appealing, plus in the states (like California) make it harder for minors to buy and possess airsoft weapons, for good reason. Paintball guns can cost hundreds of dollars, and the paintballs themselves are not cheap. Airsoft can cost up to $500 to get a decent gun, battery and charger, BB's are usually about $4 per thousand. My SR has a sustained rate of fire of about 800 rounds per minute, and I usually use a W mag, which carries 600 rounds. The M203 fires 168 rounds at about 300 FPS, with an effective range of about 100', and I've gotten some good "kills" in CQB situations.

I don't personally play paintball, but I enjoy watching it and give some credit to the local guys that play, I allow them access to my 11 acres where we also play airsoft, I've not had any problems from any of the adults and few problems from the kids. There are idiots in both sports, but in airsoft with the guns being so realistic the impact their irresponsible behavior causes is worse. Because of kids taking their guns to school a new law has gone into effect making it a felony for anyone under the age of 18 to posses on except under certain circumstances. It's also now against the law to remove the red tip (again, except for under certain circumstances) and the law is pretty stiff for anyone carrying one in public, other than the fact that a law enforcement officer may shoot you thinking you have a real gun.

Sorry for rambling, but I'll end this post with one last comment: My last job as a criminal prosecutor for the Fresno DA's office was to send a 17 year old to jail for 9 years for criminal assault with a paintball gun, he did a "drive by" of what he though were some of his friends..they weren't the people he thought they were and one was an off duty Fresno police officer. The cop returned fire, hitting the driver of the car, who is now paralysed. The paintball shooter was hit in the arm when he pointed the gun at the officer AFTER the cop ran them down. Stupid. Now he has a friend that will never walk again, he's also experienced a gunshot wound, he's a convicted felon and he caused a law enforcement officer to have to reconsider his occupation. It's not a game, it's not a prank, it's a crime. To say it's not hurting anything is an excuse, it's hurting everyone.

lionheart
01-06-2005, 11:32 PM
team amg were you talkin to me or blacksky because i said allready cops were involved

Team AMG
01-06-2005, 11:37 PM
team amg were you talkin to me or blacksky because i said allready cops were involved

It was a general statement, I'm sure you learned from your encounter and wouldn't do it again...right? I've learmed three things in the years I've been circling the sun; Don't admit to being stupid, guilty or in love. All three will cost you money eventually.

Kujo
01-07-2005, 05:08 AM
I honestly wish more people would play airsoft near my home. Paintball is popular, but there are too few airsoft players to organise a team of some sort.

I used to be a member of the Rifle Team in Cadets as a teen. We often staged mock Special Forces senarios at a local National Park. Mostly we played out S&R missions; but we had performed a few Divde and Conquer style games as well. It was really fun and an excellent tool to teach dicipline.

I understand there are paint markers for airsoft as well. Team AMG, have you seen/used these? Would they be a better alternative to the normal BBs?

If I had the money, I would buy a paintball marker, as well as an airsoft gun, however becuase there just isnt enough airsoft players around me, I think I'll buy a paintball gun first :)

Team AMG
01-07-2005, 11:32 AM
I've seen the markers, the problem is that with a 6mm smooth bore airsoft weapon (most of use the 6.02mm tightbore barrels) the liquid inside the marking bb's is prone to expanding and then you get jams. Believe me, you get pegged by a hot weapon shooting close to 500 fps from 150' away, there's no mistaking you got hit. A lot of guys wear full face masks but many of us older guys just wear goggles, I wear tactical Bolle's and in over a year have only been hit in the face maybe twice. I've gotten arm hits that drew blood though, and one hit in the junk that hurt really bad, I wear a cup now because of that.

xmodspazo
01-09-2005, 11:47 AM
Team AMG. I dont go around shooting random people on the street with a realistic looking gun!! i play in my basement. And all airsoft guns have to have an orange tip on the end of the barrel so you know its not a real gun.

Team AMG
01-09-2005, 12:19 PM
Team AMG. I dont go around shooting random people on the street with a realistic looking gun!! i play in my basement. And all airsoft guns have to have an orange tip on the end of the barrel so you know its not a real gun.

Spazo...serious CQB in your basement..wow. We do CQB in one of the structures on my property, but not with rifles, just with handguns. Not all states require an orange tip on their guns, Texas and Nevada for example does not require it but they may be present from the maker. I'm sure you act responsibly with your AWS's, and the post wasn't directed at anyone who LEGALLY plays airsoft or paintball. But imagine is someone with a 450 fps gun were to open fire with 800 rounds per minute on a group of his friends on a street corner. While his friends may forgive him unless someone takes a bb to the eye, the witnesses seeing an MP5 or AK hanging out the window doing mock drive by's won't know the difference. Spazo, the point is that for every 100 of us that play airsoft (or paintball) the way it's supposed to be played there's one person shooting at moving vehicles, or worse, from a moving vehicle. And it's guys like that my initial post was directed at.