PDA

View Full Version : Mini-z board into xmod tut on AM

c1v1c
09-12-2007, 06:51 PM
Hey i was looking at AM and theres a tut on how to convert the mini-z ep into an evo:http://www.atomicmods.com/Categories/Tutorial-1-28-XMODS-Evolution-Project-X-Z.aspx?utm_source=newsletter_15&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter_15i heard many people want to do it so yeah...heres a tut.

hope that help any1 cya

jabari
09-12-2007, 06:55 PM
What exactly are the advantages of doing this?

c1v1c
09-12-2007, 07:00 PM
Read the whole tut...increase range response, hobby grade wich the fets wont frie that easily like the stock evo ep, it seems to increase steering and throttle.

jollyboss
09-12-2007, 07:01 PM
after several works on my EBs I've reached this cnclusion:
if you're going to hardly mod your xmods,such as hot motors,lithium ecc,it's better to put standard hobby-grade electronics(micro rx,esc and servo)
I think there's no need to spend time or energies in soldering and desoldering those tiny and delicate wires and EBs if performance don't get a big improovement.
just my 2 cents

Life
09-12-2007, 08:38 PM
just get a full z cause if u have extra boards u can do theh xmod tut

but it would take a real deedeedee to buy a 130 miniz and tear out the board to put it into an xmod evo

RedSXmodder
09-12-2007, 08:55 PM
after several works on my EBs I've reached this cnclusion:
if you're going to hardly mod your xmods,such as hot motors,lithium ecc,it's better to put standard hobby-grade electronics(micro rx,esc and servo)
I think there's no need to spend time or energies in soldering and desoldering those tiny and delicate wires and EBs if performance don't get a big improovement.
just my 2 cents

But, however, if the PN racing leagues start allowing xmod based chassis with Mini-Z EP's and handout motors, it'd be worth it. Hell, if you race in HFAY, that'd be phenomenal, and you'd start seeing more and more xmods (gen1 of course, EVO's to, weird, lol) on the charts.

The great thing is, its not half as expensive as hobby grade, and with an AM system such as the Futaba 2PL (or something to the sort) that runs with a minor modified mini-Z reciever, the possibilities are endless. Throttle curve, steering trim, steering responce, only add to the fine tune ability.

Don't BS any xmod because its toy-ish. The elements are there, it just needs work. Oil shocks, adjustable camber/caster/toe in-out, high-turn track motor, diff tuning, and CoG adjustment, and you've got yourself a car that'll place right up there with the TGR sinister, and the Pro-Z.

Later,
RedSXmodder

Sweed
09-12-2007, 08:56 PM
RSX, you are so right, and I never should have doubted your wisdom!

But all that would cost the amount of a MZ and some hop-ups..

Good eye tiger~RedSX

taiwanesekid05
09-12-2007, 09:20 PM
pretty much, the xmods is the honda. cheap, drives well enough. the mini z is the bmw, more expensive, but drives better.

jollyboss
09-13-2007, 05:02 AM
But, however, if the PN racing leagues start allowing xmod based chassis with Mini-Z EP's and handout motors, it'd be worth it. Hell, if you race in HFAY, that'd be phenomenal, and you'd start seeing more and more xmods (gen1 of course, EVO's to, weird, lol) on the charts.

The great thing is, its not half as expensive as hobby grade, and with an AM system such as the Futaba 2PL (or something to the sort) that runs with a minor modified mini-Z reciever, the possibilities are endless. Throttle curve, steering trim, steering responce, only add to the fine tune ability.

Don't BS any xmod because its toy-ish. The elements are there, it just needs work. Oil shocks, adjustable camber/caster/toe in-out, high-turn track motor, diff tuning, and CoG adjustment, and you've got yourself a car that'll place right up there with the TGR sinister, and the Pro-Z.

Later,
RedSXmodder

QUote all(I have an iwaver with its fantastic TX)but the thing is there're no official championship of xmods; tune up parts are available(atomic makes adjustable diffs and GPM have done all alloy hopups).
Of course the EB is inferior in quality,but I think that a well tunded xmods could compete with the mini-z.
I think that we don't see xmods important races cuz the target is children/teen,and not some professional modellists who want better quality,but also the idea on which are based the xmods is differebt,the possibility of estethical tuning,on the wave of F&F movies...