PDA

View Full Version : lithium setup doesn't work

jollyboss
09-10-2007, 09:48 AM
I've put my 7,2V Li-ions pack on my EVO.
The voltage arrives on the EB(I checked where I soldered the batteries wires,but as I turn on the TX and connect the batteries the car doesn't give any response,in both position of the switch.
I've not touched or burnt any other part of the EB(that worked before with stock 4,8V setup),could it be the switch?
is there any way to bypass it?
Thanks!

civicblack10
09-10-2007, 04:16 PM
i had the same problem with my truck and found out that sand had gotten in the power switch so i blew it out with air, yes you can bypass the switch, it would be the same as for the gen 1 and its not that hard, you do have to flip the board up to do it im pretty sure. Here is a link to the tut: http://www.atomicmods.com/Categories/Tutorial-1-28-XMODS-Generation-1-Power-Switch-Bypass.aspx

xmodsnut
09-10-2007, 04:25 PM
I would saw to the best of my knowledge that the evo power bypass is the same as the gen 1 because they use the same power switch in both cars. for a tutorial go to atomicmods.com they have one for the gen 1.

jollyboss
09-11-2007, 09:32 AM
I've found out the issue,in the new EVO board there is a protection,because plugging the 4,8V NiMh the car works...:nodno:
now the question is:what the F*** I do with my lith chassis setup? :evil:

cheers :p

skylinedriver
09-21-2007, 08:16 PM
I'm running li-ions in my EVO chassis without a problem. Double check all of your connections. Check that the polarity is correct also.