PDA

View Full Version : Stacked Fets

TrashMan
09-09-2007, 11:11 AM
do stack fets make ur car go faster?

BART
09-09-2007, 11:21 AM
do stack fets make ur car go faster?

Faster as in top speed...no, faster as in increased acceleration...maybe. They allow more current to flow allowing the use of lower turn motors.

RedSXmodder
09-09-2007, 11:43 AM
Yes they do. Its not too noticeable with the same motor, but if you upgrade the motor to that of a lower turn, you'll notice it for sure.

Later,
RedSXmodder

BART
09-09-2007, 11:56 AM
Which is basically what i said...I assumed he was talking about the stock motor and even with a stage 2 i doubt any top speed increase would be noticed. Now with a hand wound or other hot motor...well thats a little different. Bottom line is that from a standstill current draw from the motor is high and that is when stacked fets help the most, as speed increases, voltage to the motor increases and current draw drops proportionally. Fets do not limit the amount of voltage supplied and therefore have very little if not nothing to do with top speed. Once again, I'm talking about stock or stage 2. IMO the 6 cell is a cheaper and easier way to go faster.

meme405
09-09-2007, 02:04 PM
you want to notice the speed increase get a chilli evolution motor!!

xmodsnut
09-09-2007, 08:54 PM
I blew up my monster truck fets with a six cell and a motor that is a little better priced than any of those stacked fet motors is one called the Heli-Max HMXE8004. its made for RC helicopters and makes my 2WD rs upgraded 05 mustang with stock 4.8 volt do burnouts with top speed gearing in. it didn't do it with S2 in. I recommend going 7.4 Li-po and stacked fets for this motor for ultimate performance, or face burning up your xmod.

live4luck14
09-12-2007, 04:14 PM
fets are used for many things but incase of your top speed no. it does increase your acceleration though..... i got my 2x2 fets cause i was geting 6 cell