PDA

View Full Version : lithium charger help

tayyab
09-05-2007, 11:55 AM
hey guys i have a li-ion pack for the chassis upgrade and i the charger, today i wanted to charge my liths for the first time, but when i looked closly at the charger i saw a clip sort of thing in it, well i opened it and saw the e.p it had a switch which read HI-LO, should i charge my batts on low or high? if it helps i have the 12 volt adapter and the AM smart charger also how long do they usually take to charge up? and how much run time?

Somebody Please Help!!!!

come on guys i know many of u have lithium, so please help and dont ignore

plz help!

bart plz dont edit and make it one post, i want it to be at the TOP of the posts so someone replies, if u keep doing this then it will stay at the bottom and no one will know if there is any such thread at all which = no replies

TheB1GDude
09-11-2007, 01:43 PM
OK I have liths on both evo and gen1 cars and none of my chargers have a high / low switch on them, they are all smart chargers that just know things like when the liths are fully charged and what voltage to charge them at.

I would say that if you are in a rush to get some power into your liths try the charger on the low setting first, that should keep things safe and not cause anything to catch on fire. If they do charge but take ages then try the high setting.

If you want to play it safe then ask whoever you purchased the parts from as they should know best!

Out of interest is it the actual charger that has the switch or the 12 volt adapter - my knowledge of electrical power in Pakistan isn't 100% but I am I correct in assuming that you are using the 12volt adapter as a step up or step down to get the smart charger to work?

tayyab
09-11-2007, 01:51 PM
OK I have liths on both evo and gen1 cars and none of my chargers have a high / low switch on them, they are all smart chargers that just know things like when the liths are fully charged and what voltage to charge them at.

I would say that if you are in a rush to get some power into your liths try the charger on the low setting first, that should keep things safe and not cause anything to catch on fire. If they do charge but take ages then try the high setting.

If you want to play it safe then ask whoever you purchased the parts from as they should know best!

Out of interest is it the actual charger that has the switch or the 12 volt adapter - my knowledge of electrical power in Pakistan isn't 100% but I am I correct in assuming that you are using the 12volt adapter as a step up or step down to get the smart charger to work?

basicly i am using the 12 volt adapter, then its connected to the smart charger then to the pack, so like their is the smart in between
oh and i got them from AM( last time i am buying for AM)

BART
09-11-2007, 06:15 PM
plz help!

bart plz dont edit and make it one post, i want it to be at the TOP of the posts so someone replies, if u keep doing this then it will stay at the bottom and no one will know if there is any such thread at all which = no replies

I am not picking on you by merging your posts...but...if I let you double post (even if it's for a good reason) then the next guy will think he can do so as well, then the people above me on this board who hired me and pay my ridiculous salary will start to complain...next thing you know, the earth opens up, cats are living with dogs, and the entire internet as we know it crashes never to recover. As for your question...I'm old school nicd, and the slower you would charge them the better...not to sure about liths but everything i own with a lith (laptop, psp, phones, etc) all charge slow.

tayyab
09-12-2007, 07:28 AM
I am not picking on you by merging your posts...but...if I let you double post (even if it's for a good reason) then the next guy will think he can do so as well, then the people above me on this board who hired me and pay my ridiculous salary will start to complain...next thing you know, the earth opens up, cats are living with dogs, and the entire internet as we know it crashes never to recover. As for your question...I'm old school nicd, and the slower you would charge them the better...not to sure about liths but everything i own with a lith (laptop, psp, phones, etc) all charge slow.

i didnt say u were picking on me.....i know u are doing what u are supposed to be doing, anyway u have good point about the double post

BTW u get PAID to be a mod o was that a joke?

dr1ftGTR
09-12-2007, 08:02 AM
I have a charger just like that, and I charge on the high setting. Nothing has gone wrong so far, and I've had them for almost 2 years. I would double check though.