PDA

View Full Version : does anybody know the law?

turbo2092
09-03-2007, 02:26 PM
i want to know if someone know the age you have to be to buy lighters in mass because i figured out how to make them more powerful and would help make custom bodies such as hoods and spoilers because before it just burned them to find out what im talkn about search lighter tweak at youtube or google

tayyab
09-04-2007, 09:48 AM
theres no law in pakistan i buy lighters all the time and use em for the things u specified

BTW u can also get LED's out of lighters;)

Nissanshift350
09-04-2007, 09:57 AM
in utah where i live they will actually id you just for buying a lighter.. so here at least u gotta be 19 or older

mini-z drift
09-04-2007, 10:31 AM
In Illinois you have to be 16

tayyab
09-04-2007, 12:02 PM
in utah where i live they will actually id you just for buying a lighter.. so here at least u gotta be 19 or older

In Illinois you have to be 16

****! im lucky!:D

123Vette
09-04-2007, 03:43 PM
i live near you and you need to be 18 to buy some but i have sources where i can get 5 for a dollar:) pm me and ill tell u where

kungpow420
09-04-2007, 05:45 PM
nissanshift350 is right utah asks for id on everything awhile ago some people tried to make a law saying you had to be 16 to buy energy drinks

Oh yea and about the lighter be carefull with it sometimes when you have it lit to long the flame will stay on when you turn off the gas and if you dont get it out it will go into the lighter and possiblly blow up

xmodsnut
09-05-2007, 01:03 AM
18 in ohio also. the reason why this and other types of butane and other gas items can no longer be bought by young kids and teens is because some of these freaking idiots deliberately inhale the contents of these things to get high. I think its BS when I get carded at walmart for buying spray paint, fuel injector cleaner, lighters, butane for the lighters, and other stuff and I AM 22. when I was younger I bought this stuff all the time. one time I went into the gas station and wanted a lighter for my nascar collection and they wouldnt sell it to me. Tayyab over here government tries to control us and tell us what to do all the time. If they dont have a their dick up your *** here yet they try to in a hurry.

sensoryx
09-05-2007, 05:56 AM
what on earth?
i guess from readin the post above, it could be for saftey reasons, but still.. its a lighter..

Nissanshift350
09-05-2007, 08:21 AM
its just idiots out there that huff gas and die and inhale computer cleaner that ruin it for everyone else... any one heard of cloericeden (spelling is way wrong) cough and cold.. a cough med u gotta have id for because kids will eat the pills and feel drunk for what seems like 8 hours...

tayyab
09-05-2007, 11:24 AM
18 in ohio also. the reason why this and other types of butane and other gas items can no longer be bought by young kids and teens is because some of these freaking idiots deliberately inhale the contents of these things to get high. I think its BS when I get carded at walmart for buying spray paint, fuel injector cleaner, lighters, butane for the lighters, and other stuff and I AM 22. when I was younger I bought this stuff all the time. one time I went into the gas station and wanted a lighter for my nascar collection and they wouldnt sell it to me. Tayyab over here government tries to control us and tell us what to do all the time. If they dont have a their dick up your *** here yet they try to in a hurry.

nah.....no one EVER stopped me from buying anything like that, i have even purchased ciggrates for my uncle and no one stopped me

BlackSky909
09-05-2007, 01:37 PM
I dont think there is a law here in GA and Im 16, I buy them all the time :).

REDisFASTER
09-05-2007, 05:26 PM
Most stores around here don't sell lighters unless you're 19. The only places you can buy lighters are those corner stores where they sell bong.

For some reason though, my girlfriend was able to get me a Zippo for my birthday without questions from the same store I tried to buy a standard 'Bic' one-time-use lighter... That lady was sexist...

Forgot to add, I'm in Ontario, Canada.

xmodsnut
09-05-2007, 06:26 PM
Most stores around here don't sell lighters unless you're 19. The only places you can buy lighters are those corner stores where they sell bong.

For some reason though, my girlfriend was able to get me a Zippo for my birthday without questions from the same store I tried to buy a standard 'Bic' one-time-use lighter... That lady was sexist...Forgot to add, I'm in Ontario, Canada.

she was either sexist or a lesbian IMO. best keep your lady out of there:bigwink: