PDA

View Full Version : servo is shaky and cant reverse...

darkinertia
08-25-2007, 08:51 AM
ok so when i was putting new lith-ions on my xmod (my other ones seemed to die VERYquickly, like 5 mins quick) i noticed i pulled a lil too hard and the black wire came off the servo. i soldered it back on and after i put everything together i noticed right away the servo shakes like crazy. it turns ok from what i saw, but i cant reverse! can anyone gimme some troubleshooting advice to find out what the problem is?

RedSXmodder
08-25-2007, 10:43 AM
Your solder joint is probably sloppy, and not enough of a connection is being made, thus making it jittery. Although, I did hear somewhere that the servo jitters a little more on liths...

Later,
RedSXmodder

bondo
08-25-2007, 10:44 AM
the fact that you cant reverse has nothing to do with the servo wires.
check all of your other connections for that one.if you dont see a problem then do the usual once through on your chassis checking for binding.

the reason that it's jittery is because you have fresh lithiums and the pot is overshooting center and trying to correct itself.
your previous lithiums werent working at full capacity so it didnt do it before.

darkinertia
08-25-2007, 11:30 AM
ok so the reason my servo is tweaking out is cuz of the new batteries.. hmm so this is normal?

and it maybe cuz im using a delrin main gear ( http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=120147470166&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=002 ) and i have a gpm drivline so maybe theres too much gear friction? i noticed the motor didnt really fit snug in the drivline...it says on atomic mods i dont need a spacer if i use the delrin main gear but could that be wrong?

thanks for your time

RedSXmodder
08-25-2007, 11:42 AM
...and it maybe cuz im using a delrin main gear ( http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=120147470166&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=002 ) and i have a gpm drivline so maybe theres too much gear friction? i noticed the motor didnt really fit snug in the drivline...it says on atomic mods i dont need a spacer if i use the delrin main gear but could that be wrong?

thanks for your time

I hope your talking about the reversing problem and not the servo jitter. If your talking about the reversing problem, that could be it. Take it apart and make sure everything is fit together properly. It something is out of place, it could cause binding (however, I don't understand how you could go forward eeither)...

Later,
RedSXmodder

bondo
08-25-2007, 11:48 AM
reverse doesnt get as much power as forward.
if there's a binding issue then it would effect reverse before forward.

pull the motor and try reverse with it out.
if it spins then put a load on it by pinching it with your fingers. careful, those pinion gears will burn ya real quick.
if it feels weak then you have an electrical issue.
if it feels strong then you have a chassis issue.

darkinertia
08-25-2007, 12:14 PM
thanks bondo, i did what you suggested and it wont even reverse at all :/

tayyab
08-26-2007, 10:45 AM
Your solder joint is probably sloppy, and not enough of a connection is being made, thus making it jittery. Although, I did hear somewhere that the servo jitters a little more on liths...

Later,
RedSXmodder

the same is happening to me!

darkinertia
08-26-2007, 06:58 PM
ok i got a new problem...i was trying to reverse it again and my electronic board starting smoking!

xmodsnut
08-26-2007, 08:36 PM
check your board most likely a blown Fet. its the little black square on the board.