PDA

View Full Version : need help with chili motor

tayyab
08-21-2007, 02:11 PM
i bought a chili motor from AM and it said that u need to do something to it before u can use it on ur xmod, it said something like turn the brush around 180 degrees or something
somebody plz tell me how to fix it

c1v1c
08-21-2007, 04:12 PM
I think u just need to turn around ur brushes by 180 degree

gtislide
08-21-2007, 05:07 PM
FROM AM
# Application Notes:
To be able to run this motor in your XMODs vehicles you will need to rotate the brushes 180 degrees. To do this, you must remove the springs on the end bell and pull out the brushes. Then you need to simply flip the brushes around 180 degrees and re-install them along with the springs.

This must be done since XMODs need motors that spin in opposite direction in relationship to Mini-Z's. All Atomic and PN Racing motors are wired for Mini-Z's. Evolution motors have brushes that advance the timing of the motor when spinning counter-clockwise (like Mini-Z's), so when they are installed in an XMOD, the brushes do the opposite and retard the timing which makes them run poorly and hot. Also, don't forget to switch your positive and negative leads on the motors to get it to spin in the correct direction (or simply install the black wire on the positve output and the red on the negative).

mini-z drift
08-21-2007, 05:23 PM
What i did with my x-speed is i just put the - on + and the + on the - and it works GREAT!!!

darkendblades
08-21-2007, 07:14 PM
man i hope you figure this out soon tayyab since i was going to get one of these soon

Sweed
08-21-2007, 07:21 PM
Here ya go:
http://www.xmodsforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2026

RedSXmodder
08-21-2007, 07:28 PM
What i did with my x-speed is i just put the - on + and the + on the - and it works GREAT!!!

You don't have to do it with regular brushed motors, so, what are you talking about? You only have to do it on the Chilli and Stock R., because of the HE style endbell.

Later,
RedSXmodder

tayyab
08-22-2007, 03:04 PM
man i hope you figure this out soon tayyab since i was going to get one of these soon
lol i'll be sure to let u know how theu run,
BTW be prepared to get ur a$$ kicked by my lancer in a "last car standing match" i think u know what i mean;) also just to assure u that i am ready ALL my GPM has arrived today:bigwink:

Here ya go:
http://www.xmodsforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2026

now that explained EVERYthing thanks sweed

mini-z drift
08-22-2007, 03:19 PM
You don't have to do it with regular brushed motors, so, what are you talking about? You only have to do it on the Chilli and Stock R., because of the HE style endbell.

Later,
RedSXmodder

Oh, im so stupid, i forgot:uhoh:

BART
08-22-2007, 09:48 PM
The bottom line is that the brushes need to be swapped to correct the armature timing. It's posted above but I'm just trying to help confirm it. All performance electric dc motors have the brushes timed (much like the ignition timing on a real car) and the higher end ones have adjustable timing. The motor in question has a fixed amount of timing built in and running it in reverse negates any gain from advanced timing by now retarding the timing. Cheaper motors dont care which way they spin as they are timed closer to zero.