PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Services

Aft3rMath
08-13-2007, 11:07 PM
I've noticed in my short time back into Xmods not a lot of Canadians offer services, i.e. paint, installation, and what not. So I was considering making a shop in my basement and starting a service center, for any users, but more for Canadians, where it's a hassle to send a car to the states and back... I would do paint, 'tronics, whatever, what you guys think?

REDisFASTER
08-13-2007, 11:13 PM
Its cool, but it kinda takes away from the whole "hobby" aspect of it if you have someone else do stuff for you.

BTW, this is more Canadian-oriented so it belongs in the Canadian forum

Aft3rMath
08-13-2007, 11:16 PM
Its cool, but it kinda takes away from the whole "hobby" aspect of it if you have someone else do stuff for you.

BTW, this is more Canadian-oriented so it belongs in the Canadian forum

well the fact of the matter is, there will always be people willing to pay instead of do...

REDisFASTER
08-13-2007, 11:21 PM
well the fact of the matter is, there will always be people willing to pay instead of do...

Mmhmm. Especially those who're not every good at painting or have no access to an airbrush!

Anyway, what's under your belt/portfolio of electronic mods and paint jobs that you've done? Pics?

Aft3rMath
08-14-2007, 12:12 AM
Mmhmm. Especially those who're not every good at painting or have no access to an airbrush!

Anyway, what's under your belt/portfolio of electronic mods and paint jobs that you've done? Pics?

Been on here a day or two, just got back into Xmods, can't wait to get back to work modding. I do a lot of custom wiring and have been known to do some wild paintjobs. Look foward to posting projects. Don't ever mind helping with what I can.

Thanks,
Aft3rMath :eyecraz:

Fortunatley yes, but they are burned on a dvd somewhere in a 150 disc album, lol. I will dig up someday soon for you.

I sold my old mods, which sucks, but I figured I wouldn't do this again.
I was out and bought a couple 1st gens today (all I know how to work with, lol) I got a Red Supra, and a Black Civic. I will begin work maybe tues-wed.
(all from http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9821&highlight=aft3rmath)

anyways I have pictures and what not, but it will take me forever, I'm lazy ( don't label my picture dvd's:lol:

I have done like 14 or 15 paintjobs, airbrushed with graphics and effects, I mostly do lighting as far as custom tronics but i can install any upgrades...

edit: going to install custom 3.3k ohm resistors aka "tight turn" so we will see how that goes. lol.

sensoryx
08-14-2007, 04:45 AM
hey when you guys do a complete paint job. How many layers do you do? Whats the problem with just going and getting a Tamiya Spray paint and doing one coat over the stock body? Will it turn out bad or something?

Aft3rMath
08-14-2007, 09:47 AM
I do 3-4 layers, depending on what I'm doing, you also should use a neutral base (better known as primer). The reason I use an airbrush is that it's more control over your paint, a good painter can use rattle cans (spraypaint) as well..

----------------------------------------------

Edit (Tues.) - I did the resisters on my supra, it was a bit rough where wires are tight but i did it I made a custom "tight turn" works amazing!.