PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE HELP XMOD BROKE!!!!

New Era Xmod
12-29-2004, 07:08 PM
Well after finnally setting the **** thing up and running it for the first time i figured i would take it outside, not a good idea. I ran it in my driveway in the section that was dry(it snowed 8 inches 2 days ago) so i was having a blast until i hit a small snow bank,so i took it inside cleaned up the water and started to try in run it inside prob is now its only stearing straight. when i try too turn it goes errrrrrrrrr, so idk wtf the prob is and a hour later i tryed again to see if it had dreyed enough to steer and its better but still not turning fully. Earlyer today i was drifting around my fridge now i cant turn around it :nodno: SOplease help me im seriously confused right now i what to do.
Thanx

trsboy
12-30-2004, 12:01 AM
try takin it apart it might have a rock in it . just mess around with it take alot of stuff apart and explore your car.

fastjohn
12-30-2004, 12:36 AM
As tsboy said check for rocks and other stuff stuck in the steering.

DR3W
12-30-2004, 01:36 AM
chek the treds on ur servo and mack sher u did not strip it

New Era Xmod
12-30-2004, 09:17 AM
i did i took apart the whole front suspension and manged to put it back together. about that whole stripped gear thing is that the black box the has that piece on it to turn it?. and where would i look for a stripped gear and how could i tell it was>?.

DR3W
12-30-2004, 12:05 PM
i did i took apart the whole front suspension and manged to put it back together. about that whole stripped gear thing is that the black box the has that piece on it to turn it?. and where would i look for a stripped gear and how could i tell it was>?.

ya it is the little black box on the end ther shud be a white pice that tersmack she it ters fully both whaz

viperdout
12-30-2004, 01:44 PM
The way to test for a stripped servo gear is to take the tierod out, nd turn on your car. Steer it to the side that won't turn. If it steers fine, it's something wrong with the steering binding. If it makes the noise like it's turning, it's a stripped gear. If there's no sound, a wire is loose.

New Era Xmod
12-30-2004, 02:05 PM
Thanx for the help guys its a stripped gear and im not gonna dare to tamper with it so im probably going to return it for another car. i think i learned my lesson, but getting it wet would that strip the gear ?
thanx
Josh

viperdout
12-30-2004, 02:30 PM
Thanx for the help guys its a stripped gear and im not gonna dare to tamper with it so im probably going to return it for another car. i think i learned my lesson, but getting it wet would that strip the gear ?
thanx
Josh

Probably the impact.

skyline-rsx392
01-07-2005, 09:15 PM
Check da drive shaft