PDA

View Full Version : Motor Troubles

Kaze
08-03-2007, 10:59 PM
I've been trying to work on a Gen 1 motor and a Gen 2 motor that I installed Neo Mags. I had troubles getting them into a Gen 1 motor until I got someone to indent the "stoppers" that hold the mag from going to the front of the can. However the problem is really in the Gen 2. I've tried putting two pins, I've tried putting something in to space the armature, and for what ever reason I can't get the neomags to work in the cans after a few installations. Has anyone else had a lot of trouble installing these? (I got mine from XI, they seem much more narrow than the stock)

At this point i'm thinking that the Armature or motor case is the problem, I think I might just get the a ball bearing case to try that theory, but atomic mods is too expensive, and XI doesn't sell them. Any Ideas where I could get one at a good price? Also, if the case isn't the problem, what kind of armature should i try getting for stock FETs? Finally, if theres any other theories on what my problem is please let me know.

Thanks,

P.S. The motor was working with a bushing as a spacer on the armature, in the front of the can, but after the case was re-soldered and put back in, the car would need to be pushed, once moving the accel would work, then whenever you'd stop the motor wasn't capable of spinnign. The binding is rediculous. (I've also watched what happens to the armature as it spins, without the endbell, the armature bends to touch the mag, but the mag has travel too if the armature doesn't attract to it.)