PDA

View Full Version : 35 Hand Wound Armature

Spoon_Tuner
08-02-2007, 08:57 PM
Hey guys.
Im new to this site and my first thread is going to be about a motor that I got in a trade.
Its a Atomic can, 35 Hand Wound Armature, and Neo Magnets. I am wondering is this thing safe to run in a Xmod or the Mini Z Ma-010 with their stock f.e.t's.
I cant decide which of the two to put it in the Xmod or the Z.
The Xmod Evolution has: Bearings, Awd, PerfectShaft, Stage2 motor, and hard srpings.
Ma-010: Ceramic Bearings, Atomic Differential Joints, Titanium shaft, 4.5 camber knuckles, and Atomic White Springs.

XMDrifter
08-02-2007, 10:21 PM
xmod wont take it for long
put it in the mini-z for now until you can get something like a nelly or 2.2

Spoon_Tuner
08-02-2007, 10:36 PM
Meaning put it in the Mini Z and then once I get a Nelly or a V2 I can then put it in the Xmod?
The guy I traded with told me that the Ma-010 would be able to handle it.

meme405
08-02-2007, 11:50 PM
mini-z's can handle most motors stock, or at least they can handle a good enough one stock to give you enough power...

color0
08-03-2007, 12:51 AM
You can try it in your Evo, just be very careful and keep close tabs on the temperature of the FETs. Some of my buddies have used 27t armatures on stock FETs without frying them (though coming close, therefore not recommended).

The guy you traded with is pulling your leg. The stock FETs in the MA010 are likely to blow if you put load on that particular motor (i.e. accelerate very hard).

darkendblades
08-03-2007, 04:03 AM
yeah man i would onestly not do this unless you get some fets

Spoon_Tuner
08-03-2007, 10:00 AM
Yeah looks like I will be getting some f.e.t's.
I put it in the Mini Z and I noticed that was a fast motor, I am so glad though that I didnt take it out and really accelerate fast with it or I could of toasted my trophy car :D
How many should I stack on the Z to run it? 2x1 or 2x2

xmodificationer
08-03-2007, 11:58 AM
do atleast 2x2

darkendblades
08-03-2007, 04:10 PM
yeah but i would say get a spider or something to be safe all the way

Spoon_Tuner
08-04-2007, 10:24 AM
darkendblades, I dont really want to get a spider, nelly or a v2 on a Mini Z, the Mini Z's electronics are good enough for me and I dont plan on making my car smoking fast.
I had a Xmod Evolution that was pretty fast 2x2 stack, lithium, and an Anima motor. It was too fast for me. It would bet those Micro T, and I think he had a electric TMaxxx or however it would keep up with that.
Maybe I will get a Spideer, Nelly or a V2 for my Xmod once I get Lithium pro kit for it, but thats a whole other decision I am think about.

I am kind of like a short budget tuner, after I get done paying insurance and gas and maybe a few new parts for my real car, I sometimes dont have alot of money left.:lol: